Chapter 1 - New Padawan

"Sir, what's the battle status?" General Skywalker asked as he walked up to me.

"Not good. The Octuptarra droids are just destroying our clones." I said as I viewed the battle of Christophsis from my defensive position. "And they've got a shield generator up and running now."

"Let me see." Anakin said as he took my binoculars from me and began to view the battle. "Well that's not good." Anakin said as he handed me my binoculars back. "What's the plan?" He asked.

I took a step back and began to think. Shield generators always had to be destroy by a strike team with detonaters, but we didn't have the forces to do so. If we had more than 2 Jedi, I could send them out to complete it but with only 2, we couldn't afford to send both out on an errand run which was this risky.

As I was thinking, I noticed General Kenobi walk over to us with this teenage Togruta girl. She looked about my age and had a lightsaber. If she was a Jedi, maybe I could work with this.

The girl laughed at Kenobi before turning to me.

"Are you telling me that this boy is the Field Marshal?" She said.

"Yes I am." I replied. Her face dropped as I said that. "I may only be 16 but I am the most powerful person in this army."

"S-sorry sir." She said. Anakin nudged her in the arm. She nudged him back before all 3 of them looked at me.

"So, what's the plan?" Obi Wan asked.

"She's a Jedi, isn't she." I said.

"Yes. Supposedly she's my Padawan, but I think there's just been a mix up. There's no way this youngling could be my Padawan." Anakin said.

"Hey, quit calling me that. You're stuck with me skyguy." The girl said.

I chuckled at her insult to Anakin. Anakin and this girl began to bicker with each other for a second while I just checked her out. She seemed to be in very good shape, although didn't look too physically strong, although she was probably pretty decent in hand to hand combat skill because of it.

"Anyway." Anakin said. "I think it's time for (y/n) to teach you some respect."

"Uh, ok." I replied as Anakin and Obi Wan left me and the girl.

"Hello. I'm Ahsoka Tano." The girl said as she held her hand out. "Sorry about earlier.

"Na don't worry about it. Nobody expects me to be the Field Marshal. Anyway, I'm (y/n), also known as Field Marshal (y/n), but I don't really care about the title." I said as I shook her hand.

"Pardon me for asking but how did you get Field Marshal at this age?" Ahsoka asked.

"Well, I, my family has a history of working with the Grand Army of the Republic. For the past about 20 generations, my family has been Field Marshal of this army. When my father died a few years back, I was his only son, so I took his place." I replied.

"Wow. Well it's an honour to serve under you." Ahsoka said.

"You don't serve under me, you serve alongside me." I said. Ahsoka tilted her head with a confused expression on her face. "I lead from the front, not some hideout bunker at the back or from Coruscant. I lead this army myself with a gun in my hand. I don't rely on Captain Rex and the others telling me what's going on for me to make a decision, I see it personally in the field and adapt as necessary."

"Well, it's an honour to serve alongside you then." Ahsoka said with a smile.

"Same to you." I replied.

We made our way to where Anakin, Obi Wan, Cody and Rex were to discuss the battle plan.

"Hello sir." Rex said. "Glad you could make it to discuss the plan."

"I'd never miss a battle for anything." I said.

"They've got a shield generator there and a battalion of droids and tanks just inside the shield following it up." Obi Wan said as he pointed at the stuff he was talking about on the hill table. "Without our artillery, we're defenceless. We need to destroy that shield generator."

"Field Marshal, what's your call?" Anakin said as he turned to us.

I thought about what I could do for a second. We didn't have many resources available, but we had enough if we used each one of them correctly. Obi Wan was very good with reasoning and just as good at stalling which we could use as a diversion. Me and the clones could hold the line between the droids and our artillery while Anakin and his new Padawan Ahsoka flank and take out the shield generator. Once down, we could resume our bombardment and annihilate the tanks from the front while Obi Wan regroups with Anakin and Ahsoka before flanking the droids. Once they've rejoined the battle, we could cease fire of the artillery and began an assault on foot.

"I've got a plan." I said. I explained the plan to everyone and they all understood and followed the orders. The only question left was how Anakin and Ahsoka would get behind enemy lines to destroy the shield generator.

"We could hide on the bridge as they go over the top of us. Once they've gone, we get up and destroy it." Ahsoka said.

"That would be suicide." Anakin said.

"Not if they're more focussed on all of us directly Infront of them." I said as I pointed at all of our clones.

"But they're sure to notice us!" Anakin exclaimed.

"Which are they going to be more focussed on, a box in the road or two battalions of clones blasting them? Anyway, they're droids, they won't even think anything of it." I said.

Anakin sighed and turned to the bag with the charges.

"I guess it's all we can do at this point in time." Anakin said as he put half of the explosives in his bag and the other half in Ahsoka's. "Anyway, come on Snips, let's get going. That shield generator isn't going to blow itself up." Anakin said as he began to walk away. Ahsoka went to follow but looked over her shoulder and gave me a quick smile before running back after Anakin.

I looked out over our troops readying themselves for a second before joining them down the front.

"Right then men!" I shouted. "Here's the plan. We've got to hold the line here for as long as we can. General Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano are going after the shield generator. Once it is down, we will open fire with the artillery. We will keep bombing them until Anakin, Obi Wan and Ahsoka return. Once they have, we will begin a forward assault on the clankers without artillery support and crush them all. Understood?"

"Sir yes sir!" The clones shouted.

"Good. Because the battle's about to begin." I said as I drew my own weapon and put my helmet on.

(We look something like this idk just a cool Republic trooper design for the highest ranking officer

(We look something like this idk just a cool Republic trooper design for the highest ranking officer. Just we look cool.)