Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE

Start from the beginning

Glynda: well done, Ms. Jötum. And very helpful feedback. If you were participating in the tournament, I would have no doubts that you'd have no trouble in it.

Týra: thank you, professor.

Glynda: (taps her scroll) alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. (Glynda looks around at the observing students) any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna? (Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda) you've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -

Mercury: (raises hand) I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: (points to Dean) I wanna fight him.

Dean: (raises eyebrow)

Glynda: I'm afraid Mr. Redgrave had a match not too long ago. I recommend you choose another partner.

Dean: it's fine, Professor Goodwitch. (Gets up) I'm game.

He gets out into the area and they fight. They fight for a bit, and this time, Dean uses Balrog and Lucifer to fight. They battle a bit, until Mercury raises his hands.

Mercury: I forfeit.

Dean: (confused) excuse me? You wanna quit without even trying?

Mercury: (shrugging) what's the point? You're a second-year fighter. We're obviously leagues apart.

Dean: you picked the fight, so finish this!

???: no need for this violence, Dean.

They turn to see a familiar face.

Glynda: Professor Jupiter. What brings you here?

Jupiter: I came by to watch the matches. An excellent display from your battles. If you don't mind, I'd like to speak with Team DVNT.

Glynda: well, you're in luck, class has just finished.

They leave and join up with him. They head back to their dorm where Jupiter speaks to them.

Dean: what brings you here?

Jupiter: I'm here to see the outcome of the Vytal Festival.

Vali: you are aware none of us are participating.

Jupiter: I am. But I'm talking about something- (lowers his voice) I'm talking about something worse than that.

Nikki: what's wrong, love?

Jupiter: I've been looking into your recent encounters with the White Fang. It turns out, that wasn't their only attack, before. Especially one with the supernatural. There've been other sightings over the kingdoms, and the odd thing is, they're only going for Dust.

Dean: they've worked with them before?

Jupiter: demons, fallen angels, and especially dragur don't work with humans. Torchwick isn't the mastermind, but rather a pawn for someone, or something else.

Týra: why keep this a secret?

Jupiter: we're not certain who is behind this, but I have a feeling it's something connected directly to the Vytal Festival. I know you'll be gearing up for new mission soon, but if you get the chance, I'd like you to help keep an eye out on the students.

Dean: does Ozpin or Goodwitch know about this?

Jupiter: I can't share too many of the details, but I can tell you we're checking every possible lead in who this is.