12 - Trial Part 2

"We should start RIGHT NOW!", Gladovski whined.

"We're all busy here, you know. It's a good thing the Vice President is absent. He's an asshole.", Takara Minako softly said, still engrossed in playing video games on his phone. Mikami Sato then looked at him, as if shocked by what he just said.

"Okay, let's start the trial.", the President, Terrell Alpin, said as he tries to hush the two.

Entering a Charter High School is a privilege. Aside from being given independence from the Board, the students also have the rights to rule over themselves and the freedom to do whatever they want in the campus. That's where the Student Council comes in.

"So, we are here right now to tackle the case between one of our Council members,..." Paula Riho started while fixing her glasses. She took her stance beside the seat of the President.

I still notice Orochi looking at me from the corner of his eyes. His two lackeys are really annoying me.

"... and Shirai Satoshi, of Class 2-6. Mr. Orochi, would you care to explain to us what happened that night?", she asked him.

"Well, the three of us were just hanging around in the boys' dorm, and the three of us didn't notice him. He seems to be brought by one of the dormitory residents. That Oreki bastard...", he whispered at the last sentence.

"... then Shirai's tryna pick a fight with us. We really ignored him at first, but he then came towards us..."

He's trying so hard to twist the story.

"...he challenged the three of us to a fight outside the dormitory, and he beat us up there. We have no power against him."

I'm slightly hoping that Takara Minakon would speak up even a bit. I'm really not that great at speaking out in these situations.

"So? Can you describe how you got those from him?", Paula inquired, pointing at his 'damage' to the head...

"He punched us like hell and pulled two of my men at the ground. You should believe me, his kicks and punches will make you beg and tremble at his knees...", Orochi said, but he seems to be holding back a bit. I can tell from his eyes. His two lackeys behind me tried their hardest to not laugh. I heard a weird sound, and a foul smell disseminated throughout the room.

"Hey! Was it you???", I could hear from one of them saying to the other, and both of them giggled.

"What the...? What is that smell?" Gladovski suddenly asked while fanning her nose with her hands. Her face went sour.

"It smells-" Taru said with disgust.

"like shit." Toru said.

One of the lackeys raised his hand and then pointed at me. Do I really need to get dragged into this?

"Ughh... You, how long have you been holding it back in there?", Sanda Yuno pointed at me. Paula just rolled her eyes at me.

Kai Saito opened the fans in the room, which is already blasted with air conditioning. She then hurriedly went back into her seat.

"Please continue, Orochi...", Terrell Alpin gestured to him.

"So that's it. After he knocked both of my men down, he came rushing onto me and started to punch my stomach and kick me here.", pointing to something in his pants.

Paula and Sanda just sighed towards me.

"Shirai Satoshi, do you have anything to say? What are your thoughts on this?",  Sanda asked me.