8 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

[ NOE - ITS TRUE ]

—☆—

ELEANOR'S HEAD WAS ACHING. The blonde felt as though her head was spinning and a migraine was starting to form at the front of her cranium. She groaned lightly, dimly strained light filtered above her and penetrated through her fluttering eyelids. Shifting where she sat, Eleanor felt her wrists strain against rope and her ankles were no different. She was captured. "What the hell?" Her words came out as a raspy breath, and her eyes worked to focus on her dark surroundings. Swivelling her head to the side, Kol came into view; causing a gasp to tumble from her lips at the sight of his bleeding head. "Kol? Kol!" She spoke his name more erratically as he moaned and moved his head in the slightest.

"Eleanor?" His voice was a whisper but she heard it either way. The original moved his head to align his eyesight with his fiancée. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know," she muttered, pulling against her restraints with no prevail of loosening it. Neither of them had the super strength that came with being a vampire anymore, meaning they were basically useless with how they were currently situated. "I miss being a vampire."

"I do too, darling." Kol responded with a grunt, his wrists pulling harshly at the ropes. All it did was cause red marks begin to encircle his already reddened wrists. He groaned, finally letting his wrists rest. "The last thing I remember-"

"Walking home from the bar," she finished, letting her head fall to her chest in annoyance. "Who would take us? We've kept a low profile. We did everything we were supposed to, Kol."

"So, we were right. Were we not?" A voice the duo knew all too well came from the doorway causing Eleanor to lose her breath. "It is you two." His tone came off with a tad of hurt laced in his words. It made sense. To have mourned them both for so long, only to find out they were working with someone who screwed them over numerous times.

Eleanor looked towards the doorway with a pained look. "Nik," she gulped, a variety of emotions washed over her with ease: worry, regret, sadness, unease, etc. She didn't miss the way he winced lightly at the use of his name nor did she miss the way he almost shoved those emotions away. The blonde wasn't sure how to explain anything; or rather, she didn't know how to say anything without hurting him. "I'm so sorry."

"I mourned you both. I spoke at the funeral. I happily paid for all the expenses so your mother wouldn't worry. I cried, and fell prey to my weaknesses. Which is," he laughed bitterly before shaking his head. "Both of you. My lovely family."

Eleanor felt her heart swell at hearing him call her family, but felt disheartened at his tone and knew it would be a while before he would ever fully come around to the idea of them working with his mother. Kol had opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, another familiar face walked through the bedrooms door. Rebekah.

"Well, if it isn't my best friend and brother. What a lovely surprise," she walked forward and without a second thought, ripped the restraints from Eleanor's legs and arms. Pulling the blonde from the chair, Rebekah wrapped her arms around her; breathing in the familiar perfume that she'd grown to favour over the past two years.

"What do you think you're doing?" Klaus asked, barely able to keep an angered expression due to how overwhelmed he'd been to find out they both came back on their own.

Rebekah pulled away from Eleanor before turning to the hybrid to answer. "If they are truly working with mother, then they have some explaining to do. But, we both know neither of them would do it without a reason."

"Exactly."

"Oh, shut it Kol." Klaus muttered before bringing Eleanor into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around him tightly and buried her head into his neck. She missed him greatly, and now felt more relieved than she had in months.

"Hello? I'm still stuck here," Kol muttered, pulling at his restraints like a child until Rebekah finally released him. "Thank you, si-" He barely got his words out before his sister crushed him in a sudden hug. The brunette returned the hug just as tight, before speaking once more. "I know. I missed you, too."

"Where are we?" Eleanor asked upon detaching from the hybrid and beginning to look around the room they'd been put into.

"Our compound." Rebekah answered happily, grabbing onto Eleanor's hand. "C'mon, there's someone we would like you both to meet."

a/n: woahhh an update!! i plan to definitely do some daily updates from now on for the rest of december + january and hopefully finish the book before march :)! thank you all for the endless support! i love you all, and am so proud of myself for coming back to this. i hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these times. my dm's are ALWAYS open, and i hope you all have a wonderful day. I love you guys!