6 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

[NOE - HELLO? ]

—☆—

[ PRESENT DAY ]

      "IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE," Eleanor murmured. Her fingers traced the outline of the curtains, lightly pulling them apart; allowing the effervescent sunlight to gently stream into the apartments bedroom. Both herself and Kol had been 'alive' once more for merely six days so far. In all that time, they've gone out a few times and scoped out New Orleans, visited some landmarks, and worked on practicing scenarios for when they would inevitably see the Mikaelsons again. Kol was drearily anxious to see his brothers and sister again. He couldn't help but feel both selfish and worried. The only reason the original wanted to work with his mother, was to bring at least Eleanor back to life. The brunette knew from the moment she joined him in the afterlife, that she wasn't supposed to die. At least, not like that.

    "Not as beautiful as you darling," Kol wrapped his arms around Eleanor's waist. She dropped her hands from the curtains and instead placed them over his. The embrace was endearing as they swayed. "Of course, your original form."

  The blonde giggled, turning her face to the side to give the original a peck on the lips. "I love you, Kol Mikaelson."

      "And I love you, Eleanor Forbes... soon to be Mikaelson?" He ended his statement as more of a question than anything else. He watched her facial expression change slightly before a rather large smile plastered itself onto her lips.

  "Yes," she whispered, almost so quietly he couldn't hear her. Eleanor swiftly turned, wrapping her arms around his neck and beaming up at him. "Yes, Kol. I will," she laughed outright as his grip on her tightened and he lifted her in a spinning hug. His chuckles filled the air too, before he set her down gently. The blonde lightly traced his cheek before cupping it in her hand. "I will marry you."

[ NINE MONTHS AGO ]

    "Who is she?" Hayley asked, pointing towards a large canvas sitting on Klaus' easel. The painting was of a young woman, couldn't be older than eighteen, laughing at a party of some sort. Her dress was beautiful, and the detail the hybrid had put into it was magnificently done.

  Klaus didn't bother to move from where he sat in front of it, paint tray in hand. He paused, putting his paintbrush back down. "An old friend," although the wolf could not see it, he smiled sadly. His eyes traced over the smile that he would give anything to see again. The blonde placed the tray on his side table beside the paintbrush and turned towards Hayley.

    "Eleanor?" Klaus' breath caught in his throat, confused as to how she could have ever known how the girl was. Eleanor had died seemingly months before Hayley rolled into town to see Tyler. Noticing his tense look, she spoke once more. "Rebekah told me about her." She took a step towards Klaus. "She told me how good of a person she was. How much she meant to you. All of you." She sighed, watching as the blonde avoided her eyes. "I'm sorry about Eleanor and your brother. No one should have to die like that."

     Klaus coughed, trying to clear his tightening throat as memories began to dredge themselves up from the deepest depths of his mind, in which he'd tried to forget watching her die. "Yes, well... we all die at some point. Some sooner than others." He muttered the last part, taking one last glance at the painting behind him before swiftly walking past Hayley with tensed shoulders. "Dinner should be ready soon."

[ PRESENT DAY ]

    "I'll catch up with you in a second, okay?" Eleanor spoke to Kol, who simply nodded and headed into the small pub first; leaving the blonde to be by herself. She walked merely ten feet from the entrance of the pub, and stood uneasily in front of the landline. She clenched and unclenched her hands. Should she do this? What was the real damage of calling? Eleanor took a deep breath, building her courage as she snatched the phone and dialled the number she knew by heart.

  It rung twice.

    "Hello?" A chipper voice answered.

  Eleanor's heart dropped, words seemed to escape her. How long had it been since she's heard Caroline's voice? Almost over a year.

  "Um... hello?" She asked, clearly curious as to whoever it could be calling. When the older twin was about to speak up, Caroline beat her to it. "Okay, Klaus, if this is you.... creepy. At least say something! I know this is from New Orleans! Hello?"

     Eleanor quickly shoved the phone back; hanging it up. She stared at it for a minute longer before turning around and heading for the pub.