5 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

[ NOE - SHADOWING ]

—☆—

TEN MONTHS EARLIER

    "Lies!" Klaus Mikaelson exclaimed, his annoyance and disbelief palpable in his features as he stared incredulously towards the group of witches, his brother and the wolf girl, Hayley Marshall. The hybrid couldn't believe his ears; or more so, he didn't want to. "She's not pregnant! This is all some sort of trick!"

Elijah stood behind him, his face calm as he tried to prove his brother truly did have a child on the way. "Please, brother. Listen." He gestured towards Hayley, giving his brother a pleading look.

Both originals listened intently, clearly able to hear two heartbeats coming from the woman. Klaus merely shook his head, this had to be a lie. He wasn't supposed to be able to procreate. "You've been with someone else! Admit it!" He spat, becoming angrier by the second.

"Hey! If I'd been with someone else, don't you think I would've fessed up by now?" Hayley had a good point, putting one of her hands over her stomach. She stared at him with narrowed eyes. "This is your child. I haven't been with anyone else."

"My sister died to perform the spell to confirm our suspicions. She carries your child. The first of its kind."

PRESENT DAY

"Hold onto each other," Esther muttered, grabbing onto Finn and Kols hands, nodding her head towards Eleanor to complete the small circle. "The spell shall begin." The witch started to speak in a language Eleanor didn't recognize at all, her heart speeding up as she felt a strange tingling sensation run through her whole being. The blonde gripped Kol's hand harder, realizing this was the last time they'd truly be themselves for a while. He stared at her with love in his eyes as Esthers voice became louder. Eleanor began to feel a sparking feeling - as though it were an electric shock - spread all over. The spell was working. A blindingly white light blinded the group, causing each and every one of them to wince at the intensity of it before it vanished entirely.

Eleanor kept her eyes clutched shut, holding tighter onto Kols hand and letting go of Finns. A small chuckle came from beside her.

"Darling, open your eyes." The brunette spoke softly, a genuine smile overtaking his lips as he looked around the alleyway they'd materialized into. A strangled gasp echoed from her lips as she spun around in their confined space. "I know."

    The blonde looked towards her boyfriend, only to see a different man. "So, this is what you'll look like from now on?" He simply nodded. "I guess I look different too?"

  "Yes, you do." Esther answered for him, ruffling her new curls lightly and motioning for them to come closer. "All of you spread out. Follow the plan and do not let them realize it is truly you. If Klaus finds out... well, he can't." Eleanor didn't like the fact she'd have to sneak around the Mikaelson family and stay away, but she knew it was rather necessary. "Kol and Eleanor, you know where your new home is?"

   "Yeah, just two blocks from Nik's place." Eleanor answered smoothly, already having their new identities memorized to the T.

  "Good. Stay out of sight until I give you permission to move on with the plan."

__________________________________

a/n
i deadass left y'all hanging for a while! and for that i apologize but life's gotten very hectic for me! this is a very short chapter, but the next one will be longer and much more important.

OH GOSH I FORGOT TO MENTION ELEANOR IS NOW PLAYED BY GIGI HADID WHILE SHES IN HER NEW BODY!!