3 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

[ NOE - INTO MOTION ]

—☆—

ONE YEAR EARLIER

    "I CAN'T- I CAN'T LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW," Bonnie Bennett exclaimed, tears threatening to spill as her breathing became shallow. She stared at Jeremy incredulously as the news of both Eleanor and Kols passing was brought to light. All she could hear was the beating of her heart, speeding up, making her feel woozy and disoriented.

  "Bonnie, if Elena didn't give me the stake, I would have died!" The youngest Gilbert replied, taking no pride in his words. The regret that had began to ear away at him was almost unbearable, and only intensified as he realized he had to be the one to tell the witch. "Just listen, okay? I-"

    "Get out!" She screamed, the lights beginning to flicker as her newfound powers — provided by Shane's teachings — started to manifest into her emotions. The books fell from her shelf, landing by Jeremy; causing the teenager to jump back and attempt to miss the books. "I said," her hand raised, poised with purpose as she pushed her powers out, feeling a release of some sort as Jeremy lifted into the air. "Get out!" Without another moment to pass, she flung the brunette rough and hard through her doorway, feeling satisfactory build in her chest as she watched him hit the ground with a pained groan. Both a breathy and sickly laugh tumbled from her lips, grateful to feel her powers run within her veins to block off the pain pulsing within her heart.

    Jeremy stood, grasping onto his head as a warm liquid spilled onto his hand. He stared at his — most likely ex girlfriend — in shock. His eyes widening as he took in her seemingly flushed out white eyes and the webbed veins crawling along her arms. He tried to call out her name, but instead of hearing him out, she sent another powerful wave, sending him sprawled out into the grass. Knocking the Gilbert boy unconscious.

PRESENT DAY

Eleanor scribbled out another line, before groaning and erasing the sentence entirely. She'd been trying to build up who she was 'supposed to be' when they would return to the land of the living. In all honesty, she got the idea from her drama class all the way back to her sophomore year; back when she'd had hopes of being a director. Kol hadn't told her to do this, but she knew it was better to be prepared than not. Taking a deep breath, she wrote a new sentence based on the girl she'd be impersonating or more so, becoming.

Her favourite colour is jade green, because it reminds her of her mother's eyes. One of the last prominent memories she has of her mother since her mother passed away due to cancer.

The blonde nodded, feeling satisfied with how much she'd been getting down. Just as she thought up a new thing to put down, Kol walked in. His hands held a grimoire, but he shut it as he noticed Eleanor starring. "What are you up to, darling?"

She laughed nervously before picking up her notebook and passing it towards her boyfriend. His eyes scanned the page, his eyebrows furrowing before realizing what the large list was. "I wasn't sure if this was mandatory or whatever, I just wanted to be ready to be someone else."

His brown eyes clashed with her blue ones as a smile made it way onto his lips. "I love it." Putting the book down, he gave her a soft kiss to the lips; crouching down next to her chair. His hands rested comfortably on her upper thighs, rubbing up and down at a slow pace. "It's always good to be prepared but, how about you take a bit of a break? We still have a few days. Mother is trying to harness as much power as she can."

Eleanor nodded, "So, she found you a body?"

Kol hummed, enjoying her hands the now rested on his upper arms. "Kaleb Westfall. Apparently quite the witch. But, dead. And perfect for my use!" The young vampire simply nodded at his answer before standing from the chair. "Ready to take that break?"

"Yes, dear." She giggles quietly at Kols small roll of the eyes, enjoying teasing him a little bit with the nickname. For some reason he hated it, but she liked using it. Especially knowing it bothered him in the slightest bit. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she bit into her bottom lip. As usual — as if it were second nature — Kol wrapped his arms around her waist. "What should we do for a break?"

The brunette pretended to think for a moment, "I think I have a few ideas." Without warning, he hoisted Eleanor by her waist, up and over his shoulder with upmost ease. Her laughs filled the quiet room as he threw her onto the bed.

ONE YEAR EARLIER

"They deserve a good funeral, Nik," Rebekah softly sighed, her heart heavy as she stared at the photographs in Kols bedroom. The two siblings were currently going through some of Kols things, trying to clean out the room a little. The blonde picked up the frames, showing them to her older brother as he stared at her with sad eyes. "They deserved to live, Nik!"

"I know," his voice was quiet, the photos starring back at him with an eerie realness, that haunted him to no end. "There's nothing we can do now. We can't bring them back. There's no hope."

Although his sister knew this, there was still a beacon of hope blossoming in the back of her mind. Something Elijah had told them seemingly a million times in the past thousand years, was what seemed to make most sense now. "There's always hope."

Klaus sighed, a tear sliding down his cheek as he finally looked up from Eleanor and Kol's smiling faces. A sad smile plastered itself onto his lips. "I guess there is. I-" A knock sounded from downstairs, not allowing the hybrid to continue. "We can talk about this later, Bekah. That must be Caroline."

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲: 𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘣𝘩!