Chapter 32: Lost Hope

Start from the beginning

She glanced at the wound on Xion's chest and closed her eyes. "I've never imagined this. Was I too relaxed and carefree?"

"You've tried your best to protect us, Gabrielle." Seoho said. "You've given everything for us, yet we couldn't even do the same for you. We're sorry."

"Guys, don't talk like that. There's still hope." Keonhee told them.

"Is there really even some hope left?" Gabrielle answered as she hugged herself more. She gave up.

Everyone just looked at her with sorrow. Even their strongest guardian angel already said there's no hope. Their light has admitted to the darkness coming for them. How will they even have high hopes when the brightest of them gave up?

Hwanwoong sighed and pulled his hair. "Leedo, I was the one who ate your yoghurt. Me and Xion."

"What!?" Leedo exclaimed as soon as he heard Hwanwoong's confession.

"Told you it wasn't me." Ravn said.

"Whatever." Leedo rolled his eyes. "I was also the one who restarted your game."

"No way." Hwanwoong scoffed. "I only took your yoghurt, how could you restart my game!?"

"You were too lazy to pick up your stuffs back then. I had to teach you a lesson."

"Mine's not much but I used to feel annoyed with Ravn. But not anymore." Keonhee confessed.

"What? Why?" Ravn asked.

"The reason is not important anymore. I don't feel that way anymore." He slightly glanced at Gabrielle, a small smile spreading in his lips. "You're one of the people I look up to already, Ravn."

Seoho cleared his throat. "Keonhee, I was the one who hung that white blanket near your window. I felt guilty that you slipped. But at least you didn't die right?"

Keonhee looked at Seoho with shock as he remembered that night when he thought he saw a ghost and slipped on the floor. He sighed. "I didn't die back then but now I think I'm going to die."

"We're not dying though." Hwanwoong said. "They'd make us the pillars of our curse right?"

"Well, yes. But still, we don't know what will become of us after the eclipse. Like," Keonhee trailed off. "Will we still recognize each other? We don't know that, but I'm glad we could spend our last moments together."

Everyone fell silent, truly not knowing what will happen to them after this.

"So, Ravn. You're not going to confess?"

"I have nothing to confess."

"You're no fun." Everyone whined at him.

Ravn rolled his eyes. "Okay," He glanced at Keonhee. "I used to feel annoyed with Keonhee, but not anymore too."

Keonhee's lips parted in disbelief. "What did I even do to you?"

"Just like what you said, the reason is not important anymore as well." He shrugged his shoulders.

The taller scoffed. "Okay. Touché."

"Good thing I've got nothing to confess." Mingi chuckled deeply as he laid his back on the wall.

"Oh really?" Seoho shot him a look and Mingi shrugged his shoulders. "Yes, really."

Hwanwoong smirked and crossed his arms. "Maybe you forgot that I saw you screaming so loud when you thought you saw a ghost at the backyard where in fact, those were just newly washed blankets."

Mingi's eyes widened at Hwanwoong who just exposed him.

"Really!? He did!?" Keonhee exclaimed as everyone let out a laugh. "I didn't know this tough looking CEO is actually a scaredy cat."