Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed

"So is this really the last time I'm eating these?" Xion pouted as he looked at the now empty plastics and containers of the food he ate, as well as the plates in front of him which earlier had Seoho's carbonara. They decided to explain everything to Xion during dinner.

Gabrielle looked at Xion once again. She cannot believe that's how he reacted to their explanation about him being cursed.

"Is that it? You're not going to react about your curse?" Hwanwoong asked. He also cannot believe that's how he reacted. He had the only different reaction of them all so far.

Xion sniffed. "I mean, I'm not that surprised. I always felt something off about me." He paused. "Even this mark here below my collarbone doesn't even look like a birthmark at all."

That statement made all the guys touch the area below their collarbone.

"I have one too." Ravn's eyebrows furrowed.

"Me too." Leedo peeked through his green sweater.

"I got one too. Look at my collarbones. Aren't they sexy as hell?" Keonhee bragged, exposing his collarbone as well as the mark below it by pulling the collar of his white shirt.

Seoho rolled his eyes. "We're talking about marks, Keonhee. Not collarbones." Keonhee rolled back his eyes at Seoho, hiding his collarbone once again. "Stop interfering, kimchi."

Hwanwoong tapped on his mark through his shirt. "I thought I had two birthmarks."

Gabrielle scratched her head, smiling awkwardly. "Right, I forgot to mention those marks on your body." All of the guys just looked at her, waiting for an explanation.

The mark below their collarbone was as small as a coin. It does look like a birthmark, except for the mixture of the colors red and brown within it. If looked closely, they'd look like distorted flames.

She cleared her throat. "Well, those marks are basically what marks you as cursed." She made a silly grin at her explanation. "We only know you've gotten rid of your curse when those marks completely disappear. It'll slowly fade, as you slowly get rid of the curse."

They all nodded in unison.

Gabrielle took the bag that hung on her chair from behind. "I almost forgot." She fished out five cellphones from her bag and placed it on the table. Ravn's, Keonhee's, and Hwanwoong's eyes widened in excitement as they saw their phone at the middle of the table.

"I got your phones because I think you all probably need it. You aren't supposed to have one when you're here but since I heard people go insane without their phones." Gabrielle shrugged her shoulders. "However, we need to make a deal."

"What deal?" Hwanwoong protested when his hand almost grabbed his phone, his fingers already touched the screen.

"You cannot call the police or tell anyone about this." She eyed them with suspicious eyes. "It's even like I kidnapped you guys here to get your organs."

"Of course we won't, Gabrielle. We'd be the one to look crazy." Ravn looked at Gabrielle like it's an obvious thing.

"That's not all." Gabrielle said. "Your accesses are limited. Like for example," Her eyes darted from Keonhee and Hwanwoong.

"Hwanwoong, you cannot play games all the time. You need to get up when I tell you to. We'll talk about the details soon." Now her eyes met Gabrielle. "Keonhee, you can never watch those videos. Not even a clip. I know what that is, and I know what's on your mind."

All the boys bursted out laughing, while Keonhee looked heartbroken. "Dude, seriously!?"

"Yes, seriously.... Darling." Gabrielle smiled sweetly at Keonhee, mocking him by using the nickname he's used for her. Keonhee just slumped to his seat, his lips pouting.