Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True

"Please have patience, Gabrielle. We'll find him as soon as possible." Seraphiel reassured Gabrielle who was sitting on the chair with her arms crossed.

They have been training for days but still, she couldn't stop worrying about Mingi's whereabouts. Her anxiety is just getting bigger and bigger as the days go by.

"It's getting too long. They must have been doing something to him. They're not returning him."

"He will be fine. I assure you. Let's do it gradually without making the wrong steps, okay?"

Gabrielle just sighed and placed her hand on her head.

"Don't start blaming yourself again, Gabrielle. I can read you." Seraphiel warned her as he saw the gesture. She put down her hand, and stared deeply at the chair in front of her.

I'm not blaming myself, her mind said, lying to herself as well.

"Don't answer me back with your mind."

Gabrielle just looked at him with almost sharp eyes, only to be abruptly stopped by a reprimanding look from Seraphiel. "Don't look at me like that too."

She groaned and stood up. "You don't have to read me!"

Seraphiel just laughed at how annoyed she became. "I can't help it. I've been with you for too long. I know a lot about you already. And besides, you're easy to read."

"Only you." She replied. He chuckled and patted her hair. "Geez, relax. Was just trying to stop you from blaming yourself again. None of it was your fault."

Gabrielle didn't answer.

"Let's just face what's in front of us and stop dwelling in the past. Understand? I'm already speaking as your superior right now." He added which made Gabrielle purse her lips before nodding.

"Good, now let's proceed to the training room. The boys are probably complete already." Seraphiel suggested.

Both of them arrived at the training room. The boys already began warming up. Gabrielle smiled at the sight until she found someone missing.

"Where's Xion?"

Leedo got up from doing push-ups and raised his thumb, pointing somewhere outside. "He said he has someone important to meet. He said he'll be quick."

"He told us to tell you two that he's sorry for being late."

"Why did he go alone? It's dangerous." Gabrielle started to worry. "You all know what happened to Mingi."

"That was what I thought too." Seoho said. "But he insisted of going alone since he said he'll be really quick.

"He doesn't want to one of us to receive a penalty too for being late." Keonhee added remembering another thing that Xion said earlier.

"In a case like that, there's no penalty. We aren't even taking the penalties seriously. You could have just called me to accompany him or something." Gabrielle started to rant out, her fear starting to rise up again. Her nightmare started flashing back in her mind.

She fished out her phone and called Xion. On the second ring, he answered. Before he could even say anything, Gabrielle spoke up first. "Son Dongju! Where are you and why are you going out alone--"

"I'm on my way home, Gabrielle! I-I just met my twin brother because he needed something from me! But I'm on my way home now! Please don't be mad!"

Gabrielle pursed her lips as she listened to Xion panicking on the other line, surely afraid that she already called him. "Come home straight here and be careful. Let's talk when you come here."