Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor

"What do you think were you doing, Seonghwa?" San asked as he followed Seonghwa carry Xion to the cells of the isolated room.

"What do you think am I doing?" Seonghwa replied without looking at him. He entered the isolated room and dropped Xion inside the cell across Mingi's cell.

"You're doing things on your own! You should tell me you're doing something!" San was angry at how Seonghwa acted on his own. He already had everything planned but then Seonghwa just ruined it all. He has taken another cursed mortal.

"I could say the same thing to you, San. You're not telling me anything too. So why would I?" Seonghwa paused. "And besides, I'm just doing what you're too slow at doing."

"I'm not being slow. I was being cautious."

Seonghwa scoffed and gave him a look. "Cautious for what, huh? What should you be cautious about?"

San bit his tongue, and before he could even reply and make an excuse, the king fortunately entered the isolation room.

"I just heard Seonghwa brought another cursed man." The king approached them. As soon as he saw Xion on the ground, he let out a satisfied smile. "Impressive, Seonghwa. That was quick."

"Only to serve you, your highness." Seonghwa bowed his head, hiding the smirk on his face and the look he gave San.

"I heard you came alone? Where were you, San?" The King queried.

"I was not informed by Seonghwa that he was going to find them at that time."

"You should know that you should be finding them all the time. There's no need for schedules or whatsoever. I hope you learn from Seonghwa, San."

"I apologize, your highness."

The King nodded, accepting the minor mistake. He looked at Xion and then back at Seonghwa. "But the angel?"

"The angel has brought some company, your highness."

"A company? Are they all coming down?" The King asked in surprise, knowing that there's more than one angel already.

"It was only the two of them. I was about to execute the angel but I decided to prioritize the cursed man instead."

San hid the horror in his face when he heard Seonghwa was about to kill Gabrielle. He held himself from attacking him.

And from exposing himself.

The King clicked his tongue. "If you had come with Seonghwa, then the job would have been done. You could have finished her then. But it already happened, and I assume you've learned from this, San. You both have to work together already."

"Yes, your highness. I apologize for my incompetence."

"When are you planning to go back?"

San swallowed a lump on his throat. "Um--"

"Today, your highness. We'll be quick as possible." Seonghwa said with so much determination. On the other hand, the interrupted San just eyed him. His anger was slowly fueling at how he's making his plans shatter.

The King grinned at them. "That's good. I expect some good results, okay? You both should gather atleast one of the cursed man and the angel." Both of them nodded.

"And San, before you leave, I want to talk to you for a moment." The King changed the topic and gave San a look. Even San couldn't read the expression on his face.

His nervousness started to build up in his stomach but he concealed it with a nod. "Yes, your highness."

°°°°°