"Mademoiselle, it's for your own good... As a gentleman I can't leave a lady like yourself in danger!" he replied and grabbed the girl from the waist so as to lead her outside.

*Alright, that's it...*, Law thought and walked with a deadly serious expression on his face towards the other two.

He held the man's left wrist and squeezed it with great strength as a warning not to continue it while glaring at him with those grey orbs of his that seemed like a winter storm right now.

The man was taken aback from Law's look but reciprocated with an angry one too.

He swore on his mother's life and his pride as a gentleman that he would never leave a lady in danger.

"I would advised you to step back, young man."

"I would advised you to let the girl go, Mister."

"The lady must be taken somewhere safer..."

"She won't go anywhere..." Law replied and tightened his hold making the man's wrist hurt something that made him too clench Elga's hand even stronger.

The girl felt like she run out of patience and couldn't behave kindly anymore.

She suddenly, grabbed the man from his shoulder and put some force, bringing him down on the floor while he gasped for air from the unexpected hit.

Dulcinea came out from the doctors' office scared, when she heard the noise.

"Oh my... Elga-chan we don't deal with quirky chaperons like that! You can just administer a tranquillizer!" she commented sarcastically while helping the man to stand up on his feet and check if he can walk.

Elga left on her own, pissed by the situation to find a place where she could find some peace and calm herself.

Law followed her to see if she was alright and stopped about some meters away from her in order to give her some personal space.

"Are you good?" he asked her worried.

"What you did wasn't necessary... I didn't need your help.", she answered in a low tone on her voice with her back facing the boy.

Law left a sigh escape his lips as he tried to think of the right words to give an answer.

"Elga-ya, it is not essential to always prove that you are an independent person. No one waits from you to do things on your own and sometimes it's good to ask for help or at least accept it when it is given to you."

The girl turned her head to face him with a surprised expression.

"I-It's the first time you call me by my name...", she noticed.

"You never told me personally your name so I thought it would be rude to use it.", he replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Is that really you?! Trying not to act rudely?"

"Well teasing has its limits...", the boy explained placing a smirk on his lips.

Deciding to call her name was a more important move than what it seemed to be and the girl knew that pretty well.

Law was a person whose every word mattered and had its significance as he would always think twice what he was about to say.

"We are going to live and work together from now on, so will you accept my help, Elga-ya?", he questioned the girl with a husky voice while walking closer to her.

*'Elga-ya' Ahhh, my name sounds so nice when he pronounces it...*, the said girl thought with her cheeks taking a light pink blush.

'Elga-ya'

'Elga-ya'

"Elga-ya?", he asked her again and his voice interrupted her daydreaming.

"Of course no Baka! I'm a strong, self-reliant woman who can make her own choices in life and protect herself! I won't need the help of anyone!", she responded with a smirk and walked off proudly.

Law was left behind sweatdropping in her reply.

*I'm going to have trouble with her...*, he thought and massaged his temple to ease the headache.

~...~

"A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true...",
Elga was singing silently to the small girl in order to help her sleep and get some rest.

She was holding her in her arms while wandering inside the room.

Her voice was totally a tunelessly one but she was trying to sing this lullaby in the best way she could so as to make the little girl fall asleep for some hours.

Law leaned his torso on the room's doorframe and observed the girl singing, making some annoyed grimaces when her voice was completely out of tune.

However, that was the way of her of doing things. She would try to do everything even though she knew she wasn't good at it but at least she would have given the chance to herself to accomplish it, putting all of her effort in the best way she knew.

"Will you stop singing? A window will break and it's winter outside... We don't want our patients to catch a pneumonia...", he commented, clearly teasing her while placing a devilish smirk on his lips.

Elga gave him a glare and kept singing while grabbing a pillow and throwing it so as to shut him up.

The boy caught it with ease before it hits his face, still smirking.

He remembered when he thought he had lost her forever and decided that even though she is a troublemaker, he prefers her to be a part of his life.