Chapter 66: Long Story

edit 11/13: discrepancy issues with sttm

LAST CHAPTER!!! *cries manly hockey tears*

Okay, yeah, there will be an epilogue, a long epilogue posted of Steph's trip to meet her parents but I have to finalize that blah blah blah there's things I need to redraft and redo but anyway, this is the last chapter, it is literally 4,000 words so it's *super* long. 

After this will be a prologue chapter for the third book in this series: Sasquatch to the Moon. (now if only I could learn how to spell sasquich on the first try) that is also going to be posted TODAY. right after I post this one, so, if you want to, click to the next chapter and keep reading. 

other than that, thanks for the ride, boys. (actually according to wattpad my main demographic is female) 

also, enjoy the song? I just figured out I could do that.

also I've seen other people do q&a? yalls want me to answer any questions or have characters answer any questions? i can give info abt anything u might want to know, like steph's outie belly button or that august has broken her thumb 2 separate times. we can definitely do q&a if you guys are into that idea.

-rabid

***

AUGUST

So, I follow him out to his car and we meander our way across the city to the north end. It's just outside city limits, up on top of a hill overlooking the skyline. He parks and I'm faced with a massive facility.

"Woah."

"Come on, I'll give you a little tour." He takes my hand and leads me to the front door. There's an entryway, and then double glass doors. Steph scans a little badge from his wallet to get in. From there, we're standing in a foyer. In front of us is a cafeteria, and the far wall is all glass in a giant arch. On my right is a wall with names and awards on it, and then a hallway along the glass wall. On my left there's another couple hallways with offices, and then a second story with a balcony and more office space.

"Holy shit." I mumble. Behind the glass wall there are sheets of ice. The whole building is a little chilly, but the glass is doing a good job of insulating for some reason. There's ductwork on the ceiling, so I guess they keep this section really dry to avoid getting it all fogged up.

Steph pulls me down the hallway to my right, pointing at the first door. "Sometime in the future, I'll bring you here. That's the break room where ping-pong nights are held." I hear a clattering of sticks and skates and I look further down the hall to where there's a sign for Rink 3. From the looks of it, there's five sheets of ice here. The facility is quite literally the definition of massive. Five sheets of ice, full weight room, locker rooms, storage, team offices, the works. 

"That's Fen and Nico, want to meet them? I need to ask Nico a question."

"Sure." I shrug. He pulls me over to the door and pushes it open. There's two people in full gear on the ice going around cones and pucks and all over, skating as fast as I've ever seen anyone skate.

"FEN! NICO!" Steph hollers. The smaller of the two skids to a stop and looks through the glass at us.

"Sauerkraut! Sags is here." The big guy pulls off his helmet and I've seen him on Steph's instagram. He's the german guy.

"Hey, what's up?" They're both out of breath. Nico pulls off her helmet and I have to stare for a second, because in a rustic almost butch-lesbian way, she's heart-stopping. What the fuck do they feed these people? Nico and Fen step off the ice and they all shrug at each other. Suddenly, I'm feeling very very out of place.