Chapter 1: First Day Wolf

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHHHHHTTT

happy Valentine's day, happy Fen's birthday, yadda yada -but-

you met Steph. you saw him five years ago. Welcome to 23-year-old Steph. He's not eighteen anymore, and he got a haircut.

INFO ABOUT THIS STORY BEFORE WE BEGIN:
-it's told from 2 predominant points of view: Steph and August. Sometimes Gabby will take the lead, and in the beginning, you'll see a lot of Jilly. Steph and August are the main focus, so they'll take most of the screen time
-It's the year after they won the Stanley Cup with Nico and Fen. Nico didn't go back to college, she's doing summer classes, don't worry. They're still a power couple.
-YES. IT'S A SEQUEL TO POST OLYMPIC. NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ POST OLYMPIC. PLIE AND CLOUT IS A STANDALONE.
-alright, lit let's get rolling :)

MUSIC: Connection - One Republic

-rabid

***

STEPH:
"Alright boys," A young girl hops up onto the stage in front of us, her hair is bright blue but a little grown out. "My name is Nico, you will call me that and nothing else. I'm an assistant coach for this team, and you'll respect that position. I expect you all to listen to me, and not make me repeat anything I say. Am I clear?" I look at Rocket and he shrugs. Most of the rest of the team makes a low "yes," noise and keeps sitting.

"Captains this year are a bit different, Von Albrecht is taking Osling's spot as head captain, and Yeti Rex and Greenie Douglass are his assistants."

"Who named their kid Yeti," Rocket mumbles to himself. I stifle a giggle.

"Newbies, get up here," Nico casts a look in our direction. "Gladly, we traded Ireland to Boston for two guys you probably know, which is a steal because Ireland was a little bitch." I choke. "What are you five waiting for, on stage, let's go." I scramble out of my seat, trying not to trip over myself. Rocket and I walk up onto the stage and look out over our new teammates. I'm standing closest to Nico, then Rocket, then three guys I recognize only from games. Someone from LA, someone from Seattle, and a free agent from the Flames.

"Name, position and age?" Nico points to me, I clear my throat.

"Stephan Sagamore, left side defense and I'm twenty-three." I guess the best way I can say this is that I'm comfortable in my skin. I know who I am, I know that they know who I am. I don't have anything to be afraid of with these boys and I need to show them that I don't back down when I could get embarrassed. Which is batshit stupid, I get it.

"Okay, Saggy, we need to get to know you, what's something you're awful at that we can make fun of you for?" This catches me completely off guard.

"Cooking." I'm fully humiliated, there goes that goal. "and math."

"Awesome, Sags can't cook." She points to Rocket.

"Name, age, and position." We all already know each other's positions so I don't know what she's doing this for.

"Miloš Stojanovič, twenty-three, Goalie." Rocket raises his eyebrows at Nico, who's making a face.

"That one's foreign,"

"Czech," Rocket laughs.

"Okay, we're fixing that. Do you have a nickname?"

"Rocket." He laughs. Nico snorts immediately.

"Yo who named this kid whatever that was to begin with, and then nicknamed him ROCKET." Nico cackles. Rocket is another word for an attractive girl. Potentially a puck bunny, potentially not.