CHAPTER ELEVEN

(chapter xi)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Wysteria drummed her fingers on her thigh, as she was sat by herself on the floor she waited. She was working to keep her nerves down, in the current situation, because Amadis was brought into another room with her brother and his butler, Barbatos.

She could only hear raised voices, but the words all did not make sense, because something was causing it to sound muffled. Wysteria had thought about it having something to do with some kind of barrier to prevent her from hearing what was said. Though, it was not as if she was interested, because all she had on her mind was Mammon, who had escaped when things have gotten heated.

The door that she was sitting across slammed opened, making her flinch. Amadis stopped out of the room, fuming and frowning at the same time.

            "They never—" Amadis grumbled to herself before crossing her arms in frustration. Following behind was her brother and the butler, both showing signs of distress.

            Wysteria took the chance to stand up," Hey, if you were getting mad at Amadis, then you should also do the same to me because it was also my powers that destroyed that portal thingy"

            "Pft, Portal thingy, nice one" Wysteria's eye twitched at her inner voice and continued to step forward," Listen, you are just asking for a death wish"

            "We know you were part of the destruction," Diavolo laughed, making Wysteria's face grovel. Something about this Prince irked her irritation. She discreetly glanced at Amadis and the demon's lips were slowly turning up into a shit-eating grin, making all Wysteria's skin crawl.

            "Well, shit" Wysteria jerked at the tone and her face fell.

            Amadis let out a gasp and pointed in another direction," Look! Someone is trying to deface the sculpture of you, brother!!" Barbatos turned and Diavolo did as well—both easily falling for her obvious distraction. The female demon had suddenly grabbed onto Wysteria's arm and before she knew it, the females were wrapped around in dark light and both had teleported.

Wysteria had yet again fallen to the floor the moment her feet felt a solid ground below her. She felt nauseated and it took a few seconds before the feeling passed.

            "Demons and their teleporting...Demons and their teleporting!!" Wysteria winced at the loud voice as she got up from the ground, dusting off her pants from the dirt that stuck to them.

            "Is it smart...to uh, run away from them?" Amadis snickered and waved her hands absently.

            "It's fine, I just saved us from being lectured nonstop by them...or erh, well Barbatos' lecture and my stupid brother's head nodding. I swear you'd think that the butler was the Prince at this rate" Amadis turned to wave her arms around.

            Wysteria placed her hands on her hips, cocking an eyebrow, "You definitely have a lot of energy."

            The playful demon swooned at her words," Why thank you! I try my best to be a big ol' ball of energy that tires anyone and anything out!" She then snapped her fingers," Oh, right!" Something materialized in her hand, slowly revealing to be a black credit card with golden embedded words. Wysteria's eyes narrowed as she read the name and gasped.

            "This right here is your only way to lure out Mammon," Amadis winked as she handed it to Wysteria," I placed a spell on it," The demon wiggled her finger teasingly.

            "What spell did you—" Amadis reached over and placed her finger onto Wysteria's lips, stopping her from asking the question.

           Amadis inched closer and placed a kiss on her cheek," I never kiss and tell" the demon winked before teleporting away.

Wysteria looked at the card in her hand and sighed. As much as she wanted to get angry, she was just so mentally and physically drained.

            "I can't believe she was able to snatch that card from good ol' Lucy! Man, I love Amadis sometimes" Wysteria went frigid at the words as she lowered her hand holding the credit card.

            "You mean—that scary-looking demon?" Her face drained at the thought of ever getting on his bad side.

             "Relax, Lucy won't even notice, since he's occupied at the moment" Her inner voice explained, referring to the events from earlier. Wysteria was stood to the side, fighting her irritation at the fact that Mammon had escaped, but she did have some insight into what had happened. Lucifer and the beautiful woman from earlier had some kind of history and they reunited. Kind of?

Wysteria was just uninterested in the situation, casting eyes around the castle, hoping that Mammon was just hiding in plain sight, but after a while, she realized he escaped and no longer remained anywhere near.

             "Great all I have with me in this entire place is a stupid card" Wysteria grumbled.

"Oh, sweetie, that is not just any card. That is Mammon's treasured credit card that he even gave a name! Be happy with having it!"

Wysteria narrowed her gaze as she eyed the card," And I am supposed to be happy about this, why?"

"Give it some time and you'll understand. Just walk over to that large building up ahead," Wysteria looked up, only noticing the mansion. She had to crane her head back to take in the entire building.

"Yes, why don't I just walk to the dark and menacing looking building. Nothing ever good comes out of it"

A sigh filled her ears," Well the longer we stay out here, the chances that demons would catch onto your human scent and before you can wave your hands to cast a spell you would have been already devoured"

"You can't tell me I'll be any safer going to that—" Wysteria paused. She took a second before exhaling loudly," Oh fine, I'll stop whining"

"THANK YOU!"

"Shut up" Wysteria frowned and started to walk. She glanced at the card before shoving it into her pocket," A stupid card...a stupid card is all it'll take...unbelievable..."

"Just don't make Mammon hear you calling the card that. He'll be pissed" She grumbled incoherently to her inner voice and continued to remain silent the rest of the walk.