CHAPTER FIVE

(chapter v)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

As Wysteria kept running, she had no idea where she was even heading.

All she did was let her own feet take control and somehow, it seemed as if it had its own mind and destination. Her body did not tire which strangely made her worried, but she didn't have the liberty to question the reason.

All she needed to focus on was making sure not to end up in the hands of her pursuers. When that thought crossed her mind, she felt a throb pulse in her temples and just like before a flash of memories started to form.

"They are going to get me,"

"They are never going to give up"

"I will continue running for the rest of my lives"

"It will never end and I will keep being brought through the same cycle!"

"Mammon, you don't understand, even if I left with you—they will find me!"

Wysteria furrowed her brows as the same voice kept appearing in her head.

"I can't tell you who they are"

The sound of a grumble filled her ears," I can help you, Wysteria!"

"That voice—that...was Mammon's voice" Wysteria voiced loudly as she heard a chuckle inside her head.

"Of course, it is, because Mammon knew you before all of this happened"

"Before what happened?"

"Let's just say that we've gotten ourselves into a mess, but because of how wonderful we are, we chose to take the never-ending cycle of being turned to a kid—you know this isn't the first time we've had this conversation. In fact, this is probably the 104th time we had discussed this"

"Turning into—" Wysteria said through uneven breaths," Are you saying that all those flashes of memories from before are all me?"

"Ding, Ding, Ding!!" The voice sang," And we have a winner, goodness you are much slower this time, honestly, the 50th was probably the fastest to catch on—however, she was also the only one that had a normal life with artificial parents and what not"

"What is Mammon to us exactly?"

"Ew, don't say it like that—you should say it was is he to you, because regardless of being turned into a kid by those witch bitches, we are still the same person through and through. You can hear me, but it's only temporary until you regain your memories back"

Wysteria couldn't help but notice that she didn't answer her question about Mammon—so as much as she was curious, she pushed it aside for now.

"How can I end the cycle?" Wysteria asked

"Honey, we all asked that and I am afraid that we can't"

Wysteria let out a scoff at the words but a smirk appeared on her face after.

"What is so funny?"

"I'll be the first to change that, just you watch me"

The voice—or her own voice went silent for a few minutes before laughing loudly.

"I think you are the best of all of us, so do us a favour and make us proud!"

Wysteria smiled and nodded her head, but she inwardly cursed at the action, not sure if she was fully confident enough to say those words.