CHAPTER FOUR

(chapter iv)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Wysteria was 15 years old when her guardians had told her that Mammon would no longer be visiting. Obviously, she asked questions, but they just brushed it off saying that he can't take care of her forever and that he has his own life.

She was angry at first, but then she realized that it was true, regardless of her own feelings, she had to deal with the fact that she couldn't except to rely on him forever.

She adapted slowly to not having him around, but as each year that passed—she felt distant to who she was. Wysteria went along with whatever her guardians had for her and it usually consisted of gathering things for them from shady stores.

It wasn't until she was 17 years old, that she was confronted by flashes of memories that did not make sense. Through and through, she saw herself in being chased in those memories by her own guardians.

At first, she paid no attention to it, but as the memories evolved and became clearer, Somehow one way or another, Wysteria had a connection with her guardians and they were not random strangers that agreed to raise her.

In fact, whenever she was around them, it was as if they were keeping a watchful eye on her. As if they were waiting for something to happen to her and she was not sure how to explain it.

            "Wysteria you must do this"

            "You can't do that"

Those were the two lines that she compelled towards and whenever she tried to go against it, she found herself having no choice. It was as if her body and mind had no control. She realized that the more she tried to disagree to the commands, the more her guardians enforced them.

It took her a couple of years to realize that this was not just a simple demand, it was not something she had will power over.

It fully developed to understanding when a voice inside her head started to appear. The voice that constantly told her that she needed to leave, she needed to escape.

The voice only told her that it was going to happen again—but when Wysteria asked what did they mean 'again' she never got an answer.

When Wysteria started to place things in order, from the strange memories, the sudden voice appearing and the way her guardians had kept her in faultless check.

Something was definitely not right.

Her guardians were not who they seemed and while they did take care of her—she realized that it was all because they wanted to have her under their control.

When it was Wysteria's 18th birthday, her guardians had decided to have a feast—however, when they did, something in her mind and soul told her to not eat anything they served.

Wysteria listened to the voice and when she refused to eat—her guardian's faces turned morbidly dark and sent her to her room.

            "It would seem she is a lot stronger than we thought," One of them said

            "Yes, I agree, what do we do, eldest?"

The eldest of the three responded with a sneer on her face," Since she can't die, we can just curse her again—and this time, we make sure she gives up hope and dies"

Wysteria let out a breath as a force of wind felt as if it was shoved down her lungs. She felt the menace from their voices and she slowly creaked away from the door that separated them.

            "Run! And no matter what, keep running until I say to stop!"

Wysteria gulped and bolted straight for her window. However, it did not take long for her to hear the voices of her guardian behind her and chasing after her.

It was exactly what she saw from her memories—though it was a different setting, it was definitely something similar to what must have happened before.