CHAPTER NINETEEN

(chapter xix)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Narrowing her brows, feeling the shifting air around her. Wysteria opened her eyes and she couldn't help shutting them back for a few moments because of how bright her new surroundings were. Being a resident in Devildom for months, her eyes had adjusted to darker area's that even when a light was shine at her, she'd flinch.

As she waited until her eyes didn't feel threatened by the brightness, Wysteria slowly opened her eyelids. She couldn't help but cringe at the comfortless feeling her eyes had.

            "Wow, this is painful to watch," Wysteria jerked her head upwards at the sudden voice—that she recognized. Not only as her own but the sassiness that always laced the tone of her inner voice.

Wysteria blinked a few times and even had to wipe the tears that formed from the stinging sensation of discomfort. She also added a few blinks just to double-check she was not imagining the person standing before her. She had her exact face—except didn't. It was rather hard to comprehend in words that made sense if she had to explain the situation without actually explaining it.

The person before her—dressed in clothes from a different time and the scars on her face had told a diverse story. She was someone authoritative, but also someone dangerous.

            "What? Is the outfit not appealing?" Wysteria watched the female present herself dramatically before lifted her hand and snapping her fingers. The outfit morphing into a new one, but this time less revealing and more comforting.

Wysteria observed a little longer, listening to the tone of her voice as she talked to herself. Changing her outfit over and over—which made Wysteria uncomfortably rub her arm. She didn't know exactly what to call her 'inner voice' standing before her, because the reality was only dawning onto her.

            "We are different," Wysteria finally said. Her arms started to wrap around her torso. The haughty version of herself hummed and looked up with a smirk.

            "Well, of course, we are! You have absolutely no sense of styl—

            "I meant...us...individually, we are not one and the same."

            Laughing cockily to Wysteria's words," You are the first that shut me out. Trying to be your own person. I thought it was rather bold."

Wysteria's arms tightened. That was not true...right? No, she tried to reach out for answers. For weeks...and it led to her growing insecure. However, thinking deeply about it—growing close to Mammon, she didn't want there to be a comparison to who she was now to who she might have been in the past.