CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

(chapter xviii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

Wysteria groggily opened her eyes. She winced at her throbbing temple and felt a tightness on the side of her cheek. She blinked and tried to lift her arm to touch her face in curiosity, but with her mind so focused on it, she did not even realize her hands were lifted above her head and were chained.

Taking in her confinement—her eyes shot open and all she had to see was the moonlight peeking through a small window. Though she could not see the actual window, but only the reflection of it on the floor before her.

Her lips started to sting as she opened her mouth. It was severely chapped and when she tried to lick them, she realized it was useless because her mouth was dry. It gave her enough information that she must have been unconscious for a while.

She kept her head still and only used her eyes to look around. Though, a few times she did turn her head, but she soon regretted it, considering that it must have dealt with trauma. After giving up, she let out an inaudible sigh.

She closed her eyes and tried to think of how she got here. Her face constricted as the memories started to flood in.

            She was last with Mammon in the living room, finally telling him about her 'inner voice'. He listened and did not say a single word as she explained everything. However, being so focused on explaining, she failed to realize that Mammon's eyes were glazed.

It was a peal of sinister laughter that escaped his lips that caught her off guard. It was not his voice. Wysteria snapped her head up and suddenly Mammon's unique eyes were no longer the same. Replacing it was hues that she recognized instantly. The three witches all shared the same colour.

Mammon grinned as he lifted his fist and punched her head. The rings on his fingers had cut through her flesh. Her consciousness slowly faded and some of her blood flowed in her eye. Though, the last thing she saw was a look of horror ridden on Mammon's face for only a split second before morphing back to its sinister one that did not belong to his face.

Wysteria suddenly heard several footsteps, snapping out of her memory. Her eyes opened and she was met with the three witches—or well two and the one in the center was Mammon. Though, she immediately knew it was the possessed Mammon, because of his eyes.

            "I have to say, fooling Lucifer was not an easy feat. But somehow, all those years of learning to mask ourselves worked." Mammon laughed hysterically. Wysteria frowned. Not liking the look that was on Mammon's face. She felt heated at the sight.

            "Elder sister, the best part is that he did not even notice you have been slowly putting your energy in his brother!" The witch on the left sniggered. Wysteria's jaw tightened as she listened to the witch sisters insult the demon brothers.

When she was looking at the witches. She noticed the dark aura behind them. The energy did not belong to them. Her lips twitched for a second, before remaining neutral.

            "Imbecile," Wysteria mumbled in pain. She had bit her lips, making it bleed so that her mouth can have any form of liquid so that she could speak. It caused her body to function with the familiar feeling and form Saliva on its own.

She did all she could to fight the iron taste. The witches all fell silent and looked at her.

            "And the rat speaks," Mammon let out a laugh and walked over to her.

            "She just called us an imbecile," The witch on the right sneered," Elder sister, can I just—

            Wysteria laughed. Shutting her up," I wasn't calling you an imbecile. That's a compliment if I did" Her head then turned to the Eldest," I meant you."

            The elder just laughed," Oh, that is just amusing. You are the one trapped, please, enjoy yourself with the name-calling"

            Rolling her eyes, Wysteria smirked," You know...from living with the demon brothers for a short time. I've learned a couple of things. One, in particular, is that if you mess with even one of them, you'd just be asking for a painful death"

When saying that, the witches shared a look and before they could sass back, they all felt their skin crawl. Wysteria heard a loud gasp, and the screeching screams that sounded pathetic escape two of the younger witches' lips.

All that stood there, was the eldest, who was still possessing Mammon. A laugh escaped the elder's lips.

            "Smart choice, not attacking me," The elder crossed her arms

Lucifer's body formed from the dark aura. His wings and horns remained as he was on high alert. He had slowly discarded his dirty gloves and threw them to the ground.

            "I am not a fool,"

            "You are if you can't even spare one brother. I mean, seriously, are you even a demon? Don't your kind usually not give a damn about anyone but yourselves?"

            Lucifer smiled," You seem to be mistaking me for yourself, witch" His eyes glowed," I don't sense a single ounce of guilt or sorrow. Losing your own sisters"

            "They were weak. Pathetic and useless. If they can't save themselves, then that is their loss."

            "And that is where you lost." Lucifer crossed his arms.

            "How did I lose when I clearly have one of your weaknesses clutched in my own hands?" Wysteria suddenly laughed. Making the two turn to her.

            "What is funny, rat?" The elder witch narrowed her eyes.

            "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself," Despite her state she was in, she tossed aside her pain and continued to hold her confidence," You just doomed yourself, witch. Mammon is not weak"

            Lucifer smiled at her words. He then locked eyes with Wysteria. His power's heightened, causing the elder possessing Mammon to fall to her knees," Can you get into his head?" He asked.

Wysteria blinked at his question. She did not have an answer, but her lips moved on their own.

            "Yes" Her head nodded.

            Lucifer smirked," Find him and maybe give him a few whacks for me. I trust you, Wysteria"

            "I will do my best," Wysteria looked down. Her eyes glowed and before she knew it, her body went limp. Her conscious had transported into Mammon's body, leaving her own body as nothing but an empty shell.