CHAPTER NINE

(chapter ix)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

            Wysteria watched the female demon laughing hysterically as she dodged all the attacks the witches had sent her way. Amadis was enjoying herself and from a first glance, you'd think she was not taking it seriously.

"Oh, she is" Wysteria flinched at being taken by surprise at the voice inside her head," Amadis is known as the playful demon that never runs out of energy. To be honest, just watching her tires you out sometimes"

"So...this is just how she is?" Wysteria asked and all she got back for a response was a hum.

"Come on! I need more excitement, show me what you witches got!"

"Oh...no" Wysteria unknowingly voiced, feeling as if those words were something Amadis should not have said.

Just as she had feared, the witches had soon taken their power to another level—already causing destruction around them and Amadis did not even seem aware of it because she kept on adding fuel to the fire with insulting them.

"So...I shouldn't have agreed..." Wysteria lowered her head," Or asked for help...tell me are all demons this destructive?"

"I would say no, but every single one of them as a breaking point that they can't control. The emotion within them takes over, which is why they are often seen in a bad light. That is why, if you ever heard of the saying, we all have demons inside us? Well, all demons in Devildom are born from that. Demons are selfish, but also are the loyalist when it comes to things they yearn for. Often it's the things they lack that attract them"

Wysteria let the information sink in as, but before she could personally ask any questions—she was knocked back into reality as a tree near her started to fall. When it had happened, she had tried to get up but her legs refused to move—making her just stare at the large tree tumbling down her way.

However, something inside Wysteria just locked the second the tree was about to smash her. Her body burned and suddenly the tree had disintegrated into ashes.

"What that actual—

"Oh!! Nice Wysteria" Amadis cheered seeing what had happened, but in doing so she had let her guard down—making Wysteria see the witches use the chance to their advantage. It caused her to get up quickly without even thinking and run in front of the unaware demon and lift her hands, conjuring a yellow-like barrier, blocking the spell from harming Amadis.

When the spell bounced off the shield, it had ricocheted and flew back to the witch's direction. The three used the chance to send it back, but Amadis placed her hand on Wysteria's causing the barrier to turn a murky colour since she was adding her own magic.

With the barrier being doubled—it had caused an effect of making the spell to split into pieces and be sent upwards.

When that had happened, Amadis voiced her emotion," Oh...that cannot be good"

            "Why?" Wysteria's eyes followed the spell that split, flying towards the sky. When it came in contact with something that sent out electric waves—Amadis used her arms to pull down Wysteria as they fell to the ground hearing the loud explosion in the sky.