CHAPTER TWELVE

(chapter xii)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ☽ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰

        Wysteria craned her head to the side licking her dry lips. One of her eyebrows lifted as she observed the dilapidated door. She took focus on the building and sorted her thoughts out.

"It's an illusion that was created to make others not see the home. Since the brothers are powerful, other demons tend to target them."

"So, it's not just my exhaustion..." Wysteria blinked a couple of times before lifting her hand and massaging the bridge of her nose," I can barely see through the illusion, but the harder I try to look past it, the more nauseous I get."

"Well, you haven't fully tapped into your powers, so it's only normal that you can get nauseated. Illusions are a powerful spell that partakes into the reality it's hiding. A normal human wouldn't be affected by it, but a sensitive one is a different story."

Wysteria hummed and unknowingly started to scratch her arm," I am human, right?"

"Born as one yes, but not raised as one. I am not sure if telling you everything right now is a good idea, but I will spare some details"

A child, born from completely normal human parents, but suddenly spirited away one night. Once every thousandth of years, a will-o' wisp kidnap these children and places them into a spiritual state.

The parents who lost their children are replaced with another, but they are unaware of the child not being the one they brought into this world.

The child that was spirited away is then sent to a realm where their bodies adapt to the magical properties around them. Then once they do absorb all they can, they are then sent to elders who raise them.

The children then grow up and become powerful beings that aided in balancing peace all around. However, these beings soon became a target and one day, they had been hunted.

One by one, these beings had died—leaving only one left.

"Which was you, Wysteria."

Wysteria's eyes widened," Those...who hunted...us who was it?"

"Witches, Wizards...Warlocks—There were just so many kinds of them, jealous of the powers that your kind could withhold."

Wysteria lifted her hand and stared at it," Why do those witches keep turning me into a kid?"

"Because it resets your abilities, making it unable to fully mature. Since you have never gone through the final stage in your powers, you'll be an easy target."

"And how do I get into this final stage?" Wysteria questioned closing her palm tightly into a fist.

"I am afraid I do not know that. Bear in mind that none of us grew older than the current age you are in. Our best chance is to ask for help...something we never do."

Wysteria's head throbbed for a moment, as she remembered parts of the memories that flashed through her mind when she was in a desperate situation escaping the witches.

Mammon—wanted to help her, but she refused it. That was enough information to know that he was important to her.

She let out a deep breath and lifted her hand to the door. She slid her hand on the rotting wood and closed her hand into a fist. She knocked onto the door and stepped back.

Wysteria clasped her hands behind her back and waited. She was not sure if anyone was even going to answer the door, but it was now or never.

Her eyes glanced around and before she could react, the door morphed into a larger one, making her wince at the incoming dizziness from sudden visual change.

Wysteria grimaced at the inner laugher of amusement, "I will never get used to that!"

"Ugh...no one should ever..." Fighting the bile wanting to just come out, Wysteria felt her forehead drenched in sweat.

The now large door slowly opened and as it did, Wysteria's let out a growl. Smiling widely and bouncing around was none other than Amadis. The playful demon who left her in the middle of nowhere in the first place.

"Do you know how badly I want to choke you right now?" Wysteria sneered at the demon who swooned. Her words were probably nowhere near as cruel as the curses and swear of her inner voice.

"Oh, Wystie~ please save that play for the bedroom" Wysteria's eye twitched as she held back all she could from stepping forward and doing what she had said. Instead, she exhaled dramatically and crossed her arms.

"I have the sudden urge to ask, Are you normally like this?"

"What?" Amadis asking innocently as she balanced on the balls of her feet," Undeniably beautiful and fun to be around?"

"I..." Wysteria lowered her head in defeat, but when she did, she heard an echo of Amadis' voice

"Listen, Wystie, if I just brought you here, there was no way I would have made you look past the illusion~ Lucy made it complicated to even enter the property, so I had no choice but to make you find the place on your own..."

Wysteria's head snapped up and as she opened her lips, to respond she realized that Amadis was picking at her nails and it showed no signs of the demon saying the words she heard. She furrowed her brows and wondered if she imagined it.

"You didn't, you read her inner thoughts. Which I got to say, is a big improvement! Especially since Amadis is one of the rare demons that have an impenetrable shield on their minds to prevent anyone with the power to read their minds from getting in."

All the irritation she had for the demon suddenly vanished, because the tone of her inner thoughts had told her a lot. She was playful, but on the inside, she was hiding her real emotions.

"Okay, so, I am here," Wysteria placed her hands on her hips and smiled," Now, let's find Mammon, shall we?"

Amadis jumped and clapped," Yes! But let's make it fun! I have a bunch of ideas already forming in my head!!"