Chapter 1 : The first gaze

Kate's pov

I looked at him standing alone in a corner , while Jennifer was introducing me to her batch mates.
' Hey! Gabriel ' she said to her friend.
' Hi Jenny ' whose this new girl she asked.
' Ohh this is Kate, my childhood best friend, has just moved to town ' she told.
Hi Gabriel, I said making a hand gesture for a handshake.
' Hello Kate ' she said shaking my hand and welcome to New York she added further
We went ahead but my eyes were still stuck on him.
He had an attracting aura my mind said to me. He was wearing a blue jeans and a black leather jacket with black sport shoes. He was looking beautiful with a little beard and spiky hair.
' Hey Kate ' Jennifer said to me moving her hand in front of my eyes to gain my attention.
' Where are you lost ? ' she asked.
But I was standing there moan, not knowing what to say.
We started moving in his direction and I felt nervous. I thought Jennifer knew I was looking at him.
' Heyo buddy ' she said to him
' Hey Jenny ' he said in a sweet voice
I was lost again in him, in his voice, his aura, his innocent look, his beautiful eyes and completely in him.
' Kate he is my cousin , Jason ' she said to me.
' And bro , she is the one I talk about all the time , Ms Kate Parker ' she said to him.
' Hi Jason ' I said to him , voice barely coming out of my throat.
' Hello Kate ' he said in the most sweetest way and I was kinda blushing.
He saw that look on my face and gave me a eyebrow raising look asking me what happened.
Nothing I said, with a smile.
He smiled back.
I saw Edward coming, he was Jennifers boy friend since two years, they both were madly in love.
' Hie baby ' Jennifer said with a iloveyousomuch look on her face.
' Hi sweety ' he said with a cool attitude and gave her a little kiss on her forehead.
' Hello Kate ' he said to me with a hug.
' Hey Ed ' I said hugging him back , long time I said adding to it.
' Yeah very long, so how you doing? ' he asked.
' Ohh , am doing great ' I said with a smile.
' Heyyyy, Brother, you look dashing ' he said to him giving him a hi-five.
' Thank you brother ' he said smirking.
' We will be back ' Jennifer said to me and Jason.
I give her a you are so dead look , and she gave me a puppy face look and left with Edward leaving me alone with Jason.
I wanted to talk to him, but saw a silent look on his face. I could predict he was sad due to some reason but couldn't ask him directly.. I decided to start with the normal conversation.
' So, whats up with you these days ' I asked him trying to sound normal.
' Nothing much , just the usual school and extra classes. You say? ' he asked.
' I am just trying to fit in the new environment, its different out here. I am missing Florida already, people here are new and I don't know anybody ' I said in a pleasant way.
' Don't worry , you will be fine. I know its new but you will love this place in very less time. Its easy to make friends here. You will feel comfortable very soon ' he said trying to calm me.
' I hope so ' I said with a smile.
He didn't reply, he was silent again not knowing what to say further. He was lost in his thoughts and I could feel his not so good mood. I decided to remain quiet trying not to disturb him and his thoughts.

Jason's pov

I remained quiet because I lost that Jason in me. This was the changed me, the breakup had a terrible affect, as if I forgot to talk, to smile, to be happy actually, and everything. I was missing her terribly, I wanted to talk to her at that very moment. I saw her standing with her friends , she was wearing a white knee length dress with red stelatoes and was looking gorgeous. I wanted to go upto her to tell her how much I still love her but I always knew I lost her because of my stupid behaviour. I blamed myself for our breakup, I was still depressed deep down. My heart was broken terribly and I was sinking each day. I wasn't able to move on I still loved her that much.
I tried to stop my thoughts about her but they always found a way to come back in my stupid brain.
I was standing with a lovely girl next to me but I still wasn't able to talk to her. I was disturbed with my thoughts and I never wanted to get close with someone again. I avoided all the conversations with my friends. I was going through a mental trauma each day and I wanted to face it by my own.
I saw Jenny and Edward coming in our direction holding hands. I pictured me and Stella instead of them. I started remembering old times when we both formed the cutest couple. I wanted to cry, I wasn't comfortable at the party anymore. I wanted to go home and cry out loud. I decided to leave.
' Hey I am going ' I said to Kate.
' Where? ' she asked sounding confused.
' Home ' I said in a low voice.
' So early ' she said rather amazed.
' I am tired and want to spend some time alone ' I said in my lowest pitch.
' Hey , are you alright? You don't sound well ' she asked tensed.
' Am ok ' I said trying to finish it in two words.
' Ok take care! Hope to meet you soon again ' she said in a sweet voice.
I left, seeing Stella for the last time before leaving. I headed straight towards my car parked in the parking lot. I drove it straight towards my home thinking of Stella and me the whole time. I reached home and checked my phone I had a text from Jenny.
' where r u ? U left? Without meeting ? '
I replied to her ' sorry wasn't in a mood to stay u enjoy tc :) '
I wanted to sleep but my thoughts were never ending. I asked my brain to shut up and let me be alone for some time.