BONUS: Wilder POV :D

Start from the beginning

Marien laughed loudly at something he had said. He looked amused for a while and gave her a faltering smile. I knew he wasn't used to parties of this scale and I was also surprised to see that he wasn't flanked by Camden or Rayleigh. 

Archer droned on about the match tactics and I nodded, making polite exclamations such as 'Right' and 'Yep' at the correct times. I kept my eyes fixed on Nico as he seemed to slink away from Marien. My stomach churned when she placed a hand on his arm and laughed again. He shirked her away gently, clearly uncomfortable.  

I wondered if it would be too weird to try and rescue him. He wasn't mine to rescue, I knew that. What if I suddenly did decide to talk to him? There was no way he could forgive me for what I had done. At the time, it had seemed like the most prudent plan, but despite the fact that he was blind when it came to himself, the fact that he was talented and funny and adorable was slowly percolating through the school. Which meant that more girls like Marien would possibly try to hit on him. Even without Mrs Evans' unhomofy plan. I couldn't fathom the thought of seeing him with someone else. 

How selfish was I? I had no right to feel this way. And yet, I did. 

I took another sip of the drink, tuning out Archer's words when I saw Nico finally extricating himself from Marien and quickly make his way into the kitchen. He seemed to mumble some excuse, looking extremely awkward as he opened the glass doors and disappeared behind it. Making a split-second decision, I nodded at Archer, mumbling a made up excuse about needing a drink refill and decided to follow him. 

I made my way through the crowd of people, glancing at the rest of my team members  who were either engaged in uncivilized makeout sessions or simply talking too loudly. Kendra was still engaged in a conversation with some girl and I managed to slip into the glass doors and find myself in the modern kitchen. 

He turned around when I entered, his eyes wide. He had been leaning over the sink, presumably for a drink of water going by the dark sprinkles on his t-shirt. I walked closer to him, entranced and terrified at the same time. Our contact had been zero over the last couple of years, even though I had yearned for it everyday. 

His eyes widened further, almost comically, his mouth agape as he stared at me shamelessly. I felt another pang in my heart, that he would be so shocked that I even decided to approach him in the first place. But the elephant in the room remained. 

What now?

He glanced behind him and then back at me. The air around us had solidified suddenly. I inadvertently remembered our last meeting. And how it had ended. 

"Er...Wilder?" he asked, as if confirming that I was not an illusion. 

I bit my lip, unable to say anything and moved closer to him. His eyes were trained on me, making my legs feel wobbly due to some reason. I had always thought of him to be my little secret. That I was the one to know how amazing he was. And although I was proud that others were seeing it now, I couldn't tame the vicious monster of jealousy and possessiveness writhing in my belly. 

I moved closer to him so that we were merely a foot apart. He gazed up at me, his lips parted slightly. I gazed into his eyes, glittering enigmatically under the bright lights. His dark curls covering his forehead. My eyes travelled to his lips and I found myself wondering how they would feel. His upper lip was a little narrower than his bottom one. The cupid's bow dipping delicately at the centre. The pinkish tint of them reminded me of the softest hue of roses. 

My heart hammered in my chest. I knew he was extremely liable to kick me if I tried to touch him. His eyes shifted to my lips and back to my eyes again, making my stomach clench nervously. I wasn't sure why the green in his eyes seemed suddenly darker, why the air around us seemed suddenly electrified. I took a shuddering breath, trying to get a grip on myself when there were loud yells from outside and the lights went off in the entire building, plunging everything into semi-darkness.