Bonus Chapter: Writer's Block Is a B i t c h

This is a flashback...hope you guys enjoy. It was really fun to write! I wrote this because I'm experiencing a bit of an anxiety slump currently. Let me know your thoughts! 
__________________________________________________________________________

Northwood High.

I almost threw up when I got out of the car. Maybe the two glasses of milk were not the best idea.

"Honey," my mom called from the driver's seat. I turned to look at her, gulping nervously and fixing my backpack on my shoulder. She smiled warmly, her blond hair tumbling around her face. "Be nice and kind to everyone, Wilder. Remember what I said?"

"You never know what someone is going through," I repeated devoutly. She nodded, flashing me a dazzling smile as I stepped away from the car and watched her drive away. As if on cue, the bell rang and I found myself among a sea of jostling students as everyone started making their way into the red brick building.

My class was fifth, standard B. It was located on the western wing on the second floor. I decided to take the stairs, afraid that I might find people on the elevator. As it is, I was highly aware of several stares on me.

I entered the long corridor and saw that it was mercifully empty. Everyone seemed to have already entered their classes. I took a deep breath, suddenly feeling extremely conscious of everything from my blue tshirt down to my black socks. I gazed at the soft board attached on the walls, displaying a bunch of drawings and quotations, inspirational ones. I could see the sign for 'V-B' on the corner most classroom and slowly made my way toward sit. My legs felt like blocks of ice, my chest was frozen.

I had been thankful that so far, my family's scandal hadn't been revealed to this city. When it did, we would have to shift cities again. I had been terrified of attending a new school, extremely sad because I had to leave my old football team, the one where I had learnt everything. I tried not to dwell on it, however, forwards was the only way.

A dark-haired man stood at the front of the class. He turned to look at me as I stood nervously near the hallways, suddenly feeling naked as twenty curious pairs of eyes swivelled in my direction. The man smiled, a twinkle in his eyes. 

"Wilder Collins?" I nodded at his words and slowly walked in, afraid of falling over my own feet. He placed his hand on my shoulder and spoke, "Class, this is the new student, Wilder Collins."

"Hi, Wilder!"

Several students greeted me in scattered unison. I felt my cheeks burning and managed to smile awkwardly at the floor.

"Nicola!"

My head snapped up as my teacher called someone sitting at the last seat. A curly-haired boy looked up from his notebook where he seemed to have been writing something intently. His eyes fell on me and I found myself blushing harder. If he was going to do that thing where I got a guardian in school, I would prefer just running away instead of pushing my presence on someone.

"Nicola, will you take the responsibility of bringing Wilder up to speed and being his friend?"

I wanted to melt in a pool of embarrassment. However, the boy nodded his head. I noticed the top curls in his thick hair bounding gaily and almost laughed at it. I was led to an empty seat near him and I sat down quietly, my heart slowly settling down.

"Er...hi!" I said to him as our teacher, Mr Kingsley as I remembered later, started calling out names for attendance. I glanced at the boy and saw that he had the strangest eyes I had ever seen. They were a mixture of pistachio green and hazel, blended together in a rather confusing mix. "I'm Wilder."