Bonus POV: the other side of the glass

This is the Wilder pov for chapter eighteenth: soft, hot wet

So y'all already know what's gonna happen here...Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had always known I was a bit of an idiot sometimes. However, the fact had newly been verified.

What the fuck had I been thinking? That it would be easy to see Nico with someone else? 

No. I had known that it would be hard. I had simply underestimated just how torturous it would be. 

I sighed and turned around, resting my throbbing forehead against the cold wall. The image of Nico kissing Marien was burnt into my brain as if etched on bruised skin with a white-hot knife. I had thought time was supposed to heal up scars, but each day just felt like infernal torment. Maybe it was because I now knew what his lips felt like. Would it have been easier if I had never kissed him?

I shut my eyes and bit my lip. Why did things have to be so difficult? I knew he had seen Kendra kissing me. Was his action out of jealousy? Or was I overthinking? He had gone on a date with her after all. He even admitted that she was nice. What if they started dating? How the fuck was I going to cope with that?

I heard the door click open and turned around, my heart skipping a beat when I saw Nico standing near the entrance. The room was dark and he was obscured by shadows. I clenched my jaw, hoping to look defiant when I spoke, "I thought you were busy." 

He shut the door behind him and walked over to me, fixing his unwavering, confident gaze onto me. 

"I was."

Even though the sight of him only reminded me that he had been with someone else downstairs, my stomach was clenching in nervous anticipation. He had noticed that I had left. He had followed me here.

"I...I was looking for the...water closet," he said, his eyes somehow darker.

I gaped at him for a while, wondering how drunk he was and scoffed. "You know it's not here."

I knew he was lying. Or maybe I simply wanted to know that he was lying. I merely wanted to know that he had followed me. 

"No," he gritted his teeth, his eyes flashing as he balled his fists. He seemed like an angry puppy about to yap at me. His entire frame seemed to vibrate with anger. "I'll leave."

He turned around and my heart fell. Did he think I was in love with Kendra? Why did words always have to be spoken? How could he not realize what I felt for him? 

Acting on instinct, I reached for him and grabbed his wrist, turning him around and pushing him gently against the wall. He gasped softly, his eyes burning into mine as the air around us seemed suddenly solid. 

I loved how close we were. I loved how perfect it felt. My mind wandered to that day in my room when I had kissed him. The way his soft, warm lips had felt against mine. The way my heart had reacted. The way agony ripped me into pieces when we finally had to part.

"You're a fucking pain in my ass, Nicola," I whispered breathlessly. I gazed at his lips, entranced at the way they parted slightly when he breathed shallowly. I lifted a hand to his face, stroking his cheek, suddenly afraid. What if he pushed me away?

I leaned closer to him, almost pulled by some unseen magnetic force. I placed one hand on his waist, flattening the other against the wall. I could smell the scent of alcohol on his breath and wondered again how drunk he was. I knew Brad had wanted to make a move on him, that him kissing Marien today had broken multiple hearts.