Chapter 31- An Unwanted Reunion

If it would've been some months before, I would be lying on my room out of breath and possibly drowning in my anxious waters where Sylvan almost drowned. If time would be reeling behind in my mind, there would be no button for me to press to move forward other than lingering in that mess. But it wasn't like that anymore, not when my mind has enclosed Sylvan Turner as a steel emblem of love and remembered him as my bright light in times of nights—like the way he kept me together around my family. He didn't deserve to be memorialized as a broken dilemma inside. He deserved boundlessly more...he has to be enshrined overwater.

My eyes sought the letter minutes more in continuance, enough to concede on the ticking clocks in my room. The one on wall, the one on my desk and the one on my wrist. Tick-tick-tick, they went on their passage but failed to sway my focus away from the potential demise-bringing object in my hands. The words were written in red-calligraphy, beautiful font with beautifully-disastrous words.

The longer I panned my diligence on the picture of him in front of Edenbrook— the longer it gnawed on me that he was a part of research there. His works were untenured, always seeking experimentation and hospitals. And it made him popular and ambitious amongst the crowd of biomedical sector. I don't know what his research was all about, his specialty...I remembered him once telling me about a profundicate he was trying to solve, a mysterious glitch he came across which bothered humans for thousands of years but I thought he was giving me a satiric analogy. Only when the words of letter ran in my mind, the final lines threw a bucket of cold presage upon me.

'..... change the whole healthcare of globe. Something different from science and technology. Something lingering and ignored in our pages of history...'

If you find what he was searching for, you'll have answers like never before.

Another cryptic, unmanning puzzle about his life flung on me.

Whatever he did, his works—his visits, research and secrets—he took them to his grave, and perhaps that was how he wanted things to remain such. If my involvement was required by him sometime in future, he would've left something for me to figure out. Or left his pages of backbreaking research indulgence which he kept inside his safe. If he wanted this mystery of his work to be solved, then there would be floating crumbs left for me. If he wanted for me to know, he would've just told. But neither he had said anything nor left anything behind except stilled-lifegiving remembrances. And most notably, he surely never would've wanted me to go on this path the letter was hinting at. The sender was hinting for.

After my confrontation with Panacea and Edenbrook's corrupted research division, I promised I would never do anything stupider like it. Not only it got me engrossed in a mess but also surrounded me with suspiciousness and threatening words from an AVP. I was not discreet that time and it proved to be a bitch. It proved to be a finalized debate to uphold the justice for innocents my mind once burnt within.

No...I couldn't do something like that.

But who the hell sent me this camouflaged message? Who also happened to know about my favorite flowers—all three of them!

When I faced the glorious floral bouquet on my dresser, the beauty warned me of toxicity hidden in its alluring whorls. This was damn freaking personal, someone who knew something so close about me. Not only it was heaven-high creepy but also un-freaking-believably repugnant over the blissful scent of lies. And the sender knew about Sylvan as well...something I didn't know.

It was perplexing, confounding and was making me attack my room with frustration and pull my hair down to roots. There were so many things in my head at this moment, so many faces and so many voices—so many people who have become part of my life now. I might be alone at this moment, but they were in my mind and in my heart, just like Sylvan and from them, I drew my strength to light me reason for not treading into waters which I was not prepared for...For a string of conundrum with no beginning or end.