Chapter 17- Meeting Variant Tactics

The same night, I was sprawled on the couch and was watching a documentary about Illuminati on the TV. Everyone was still at Donohue and Jackie's shift must have begun. I knew the drama which would be unfolding at the bar and when the clock would strike 12, three sorry asses would drag themselves back, miserably drunk and crash on the living room.

Mitch...our turtle Mitch, not Sienna's intern Mitch was currently perched on top of my monthly issued journal, eying the television as if being a part of New World Order fascinated him. Ivanna was snoring near my leg like she did often after being fed her favorite rice mix while Andi was munching on a cracker under the couch, the sound of tiny teeth against the hard cracker resounding over the documentary.

It was really strange to be alone in the apartment considering my life pretty much was spent solitary inside my room, bugging brains to score more than the given total. Med schools were less charming as well. There were of course so much to learn and understand but my social skills were none existence, so it was lonely out then. But now with everything having changed ever since I came to Boston, a night without the cheerful chatter of my roomies didn't settle alright.

I focused my mind on the secret society, mostly frowning at lines the narrator was throwing at.

Apparently JFK was assassinated by Illuminati. Apparently Neil Armstrong and his buddies floated in the moon because of Illuminati. Apparently the world was secretly being ruled by Illuminati whose members were all high profile politicians and celebrities. Including Kanye freaking West who gave a sour look whenever the topic was sprouted to him.

So it could be evenly concluded that Illuminati controlled everything and monitored every living soul on the planet.

I thought for a moment.

If I would shout and tell them to screw up, will they send a RPG to kill me?

"Hey!" I shouted in the room, the windows of the flat were opened as well, "Illuminati! FUCK YOU!"

The door suddenly banged.

"AHH!" screaming, I fell down from the couch, narrowly missing a startled Andi. Two more bangs followed on the door in succession, forcing my heart to lurch in my mouth. Ivanna whined, shifting closer to me, brushing her soft body in my bare legs.

The bangs continued as if someone was really adamant to prove my earlier postulate. I grumbled, throwing a few curse words before putting both the animals in the couch and walking to shut that damn human being outside. Mitch was completely unbothered by the onslaught, and simply watched the screen.

When I opened the door, I was greeted with a bulbous face with red spots and thick hair which was perhaps not washed for a while. It was our landlord, Farley.

I realized that I was wearing boy shorts which well barely covered my back with tank top—not appropriate to greet your house owner. I placed the door to cover my frame and poked my head out.

"Farley? What's going on?"

He shot an angry sneer, not before leering through the door which made me scowl, "Your checked bounced! If this is some tenants' right crap, I swear..."

I narrowed my eyes at him, not buying the shit, "Keep your voice down! My check hasn't bounced. What are you talking about?"

"Yours is fine..." he talked to my chest which really made me discuss ways to kick his nuts without being charged or remembered, "It's the other woman. Indian one. She got it uncovered for two months."

Jackie.

"Our electric bill is cleared." I said in instead, "You can rip that eviction notice away."