thirty

After successfully finding the Shugendo scroll, I could sleep with no fears for the first time, even though Stiles was still at Eichen House. I wasn't still really fond with the idea of turning Stiles into a werewolf, but it was better than to let him get killed by the oni.

The following day went by pretty quick. We went back to school like normal teenagers. There was nothing else to do until Stiles would be coming back. During lunch, Kira mentioned something about her mother. She was the one controlling the oni, but she didn't know why. I figured, that she or her husband had something to do with the stuff that was going on. It all happened after they moved to Beacon Hills. I needed answers. And so I headed to the only place where I could get them, the Yukimura's.

School had long ended, it was already getting dark when I was driving through Beacon Hills to get to Noshiko. Kira was with Scott, so she would cause no trouble.

I knocked on the front door, hoping that Noshiko would be home, or at least her husband. He was probably just as involved as Noshiko was. Luckily, Noshiko opened the door. She looked at me confused first, until she figured out why I was standing right there.

"I want answers," I said without saying hello first and showed her the mark behind my ear. Noshiko nodded and opened the door for me. I thanked her and followed her into the living room. Mr. Yukimura was already sitting there, staring at me confused once I entered the living room. He stood up from the couch and smoothened out his pants before he made some room for me on the couch. "Do you want something to drink?"

"I'm just here to talk," I said and looked at Noshiko who nodded.

"Why don't you make us some tea," she said to her husband. Mr. Yukimura disappeared into the kitchen. Noshiko pointed to the couch behind me, telling me to take a seat which I did. Noshiko sat next to me and didn't say a word until her husband came back with a jug full of tea. He poured it into three mugs before he sat down on the ground in front of the coffee table and smiled at me.

Here I was, trying to form the words that were long formed in my head, but I couldn't get them out. "You feeling the change yet?" Noshiko asked once she saw me struggling.

"So you know what's happening to me?"

She nodded. "It means beast. The oni mark everyone as beast when they can't figure out if they're dangerous or not. So tell me, why would they mark you as a beast?"

I shrugged and grabbed my mug from the table, taking a sip of the chamomile tea. "I was born as a Addonexus, but bitten by a werewolf almost a year ago."

"You're a hybrid?" Mr. Yukimura asked.

"I guess that's what they call me," I replied.

"Addonexuses are powerful beings. They can get quite dangerous once they can cope all of their powers," Noshiko told me. "You know what you're capable of?"

I nodded once again. "You mean what I was capable of? It's all gone."

"So it already happened," Noshiko mumbled under her breath. "The oni want to get rid of everything that is dangerous. But they will only kill what's void."

"The nogitsune," I whispered.

Yoshiko nodded. "They have to power to retract the powers of every dangerous being."

"So when they took my powers of being an Addonexus, they also took my-"

"Powers of a werewolf, you're right," Noshiko finished for me.

"So I am back to being a normal human? Is there a way to turn it back?"

"You want to become a werewolf once more?" Mr. Yukimura asked.