three

Derek was pacing around the room, trying to find another way to find Erica and Boyd.

"You know, running around won't help you" Peter remarked from the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, stood up from the couch and and made my way over to Derek who was now standing in front of the windows. I put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

"It's better than all you've ever done!" I snapped at Peter and growled at him.

"Why are you all hating on me?" he asked while rolling his eyes.

At the same moment, the door of the loft opened, revealing Scott and Stiles who entered the apartment without asking for permission.

"Because you suck, Peter" Stiles replied.

I pulled my hand back from Derek's shoulder and crossed my arms over my chest, leaning against the windowsill. "What are you doing here?"

"We might have an idea how to find them" Scott answered and without hesitation he went onward. "But for that we need Isaac and Amber to come with us."

Minutes later, I found myself at the vet clinic. Deaton told Isaac and Derek to get some ice while Stiles and Scott filled a bathtub that stood in the middle of the room where once the examination table was.

I was leaning against one of the shelves and observed the whole situation. "So again, what is this all about?"

"This is an old traditional way of remembering things that were somehow erased from your memory" Deaton said again.

"Well... this kind of looks extremely dangerous" Isaac said once he poured the sack of ice into the tub.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state."

"Like being hypnotized?" Isaac asked the doc.

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

Once Scott and the other boys were done with their tasks, Scott joined the conversation. "How slow does the heart rate need to be?"

"Very slow."

"Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek questioned as well.

Deaton tried to find the right words since he was quiet for a few seconds before he said, "Nearly dead."

Isaac knelt down next to the tub and put a finger into the water but pulled it out no second later due to the ice cold temperature.

"Okay... that's my cue" Isaac muttered and grabbed my arm. "Listen. You do it! I had to do this stupid thing with Peter and I had nightmares since then so I'm not doing this again. You'll sacrifice yourself, okay?"

"I have one more question before I'll do it" I said and nodded at Isaac. "It's safe, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"Thought so... no" I fake laughed when something caught my attention. Stiles, who was on the other side of the room, found a xxl rubber glove and had put in on his right hand. I rolled my eyes and signalized him to take it off promptly. Once he took it off, I turned back around and glanced at Derek who seemed to not like the idea. "Look, if it feels to risky you don't have to do this."

I ignored his statement and took off my sweater, leaving me in my jeans and the grey strap top that I wore under my favorite sweater. All eyes were on me before I put the first leg into the ice cold water. The other one followed and I slowly lowered my body down. Once the water made it to the waistband, my breath hitched. Goose bumps were now seen all over my body before I put my whole body under the surface. As my body adjusted to the temperature, I nodded to the boys. Everyone of them put their hands on my body and pushed my whole body down. Right before my face was down under, I took one last breath.