eighteen

I wrapped Stiles' vest tighter around my body, my knees were pulled up against my chest with my arms wrapped around them, my head rested on my knees. It's been four hours since Stiles, Scott and Allison died, four hours since I didn't move from the position that I was currently in. Isaac and Lydia couldn't bear seeing this so they sat on the couch in the waiting room, Deaton was making sure that their hearts were still beating, even though it was only one or two times in a minute but it was enough to bring them back.

As another hour stroke by, I couldn't handle looking at them, so I stood up and put the hood of Stiles' vest over my head.

"Where are you going?" Lydia asked as I walked past the wooden barrier that Lydia left open for Isaac and I to walk past it.

"I can't do this right now, I need some fresh air. Could you... um, could you text me in case they wake up, in case they ever wake up?" I whimpered and opened the front door. The fresh air hit my lungs immediately. I put my hands in the pockets of Stiles' vest when something cold met my skin. I grabbed the item and pulled it out, revealing the keys to Stiles' jeep. I sighed and decided to take Roscoe to a little trip with me, so I hopped in and started the car.

It didn't take long before I parked the car near the look out point of Beacon Hills in the preserve. The engine died down and I jumped out of Stiles' baby blue jeep. The familiar scent of trees filled my nose, goosebumps appearing on my skin due to the light wind blowing through the bushes and trees. I leaned my back against the nearest tree at the cliff and skidded down until my bottom met the cold ground.

I don't remember how, when or why, but somehow a tear slipped down my cheeks, leaving a mark on Stiles' vest and soon more tears were streaming down my face. Maybe I held it back too many times, maybe I was just exhausted of living this life, a life filled with fear. Maybe all I ever wanted was to live a normal life. One where my parents and Tess were still in the picture, with Stiles and Noah, maybe even Claudia, and we're all sitting in the backyard while our dads are making a delicious BBQ.

But who am I talking to? Normal doesn't exist in our world.

Minutes passed by, minutes turned to hours. A text from Lydia said that they were still unconscious and this was thirty minutes ago. The sky turned purple, a sign that night was about to fall over Beacon Hills. Maybe it was time to go back.

I pulled myself up and removed the leaves that were stuck on my pants. My feet dragged me back to Stiles' car and in a matter of time, I pulled into the clinic's parking lot and cut the engine.

The bell ring as I opened the front door, Isaac's head rose, a gentle smile appeared on his face while he shook his head, signalizing that there was no change. I sighed and sat down next to Isaac, leaning my head against his shoulder.

Just as I closed my eyes for a second, a loud bang made us jump up from our seats. Gasps and coughs were heard, water splashing filled our ears. Isaac was the first to react and he grabbed my hand, dragging be to the back of the clinic as fast as possible.

"I saw it! I know where it is!"
"We passed it! There's... there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down, but it's still big, though, very big," Stiles rambled without taking a breath in between.

His hair was sticking to his forehead, his clothes were drenched in water, lips so blue showing that he was freezing like hell.

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott added, totally out of breath.

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter!" Stiles said.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone!" Allison joined their conversation.