Chapter 4

*Romantic song plays in the background*

"WOW! Jae-hwa, you look so handso"-I blinked fast-"so cool." 

What's wrong with me? That's Eun-kyung's boyfriend, not mine.

The thought of my ex made me shiver. My tears stopped forming, even though I was sad. 

Jae-hwa was wearing a tuxedo, and his long legs really showed off. The wavy, black strands of his hair rested perfectly on his forehead. He held small, beautiful, yellow and blue flowers. There was also a card with a pretty pink cover.

"Haha, thanks. Do you know where Eun-kyung is? Also, you have a piece of rice stuck on your lip. Did you cry?" Jae-hwa asked.

"Uh, my parents and Eun-kyung left to go to the new apartment without me. I didn't cry."

I looked away from his face and took off the rice. 

"May I come in and wait?" He asked with a bright smile on his face.

"Sure. Is today your first anniversary with Eun-kyung? You really dressed up for it," I said while looking at his outfit.

He chuckled. It was low pitched and soft. 

So hottt. I wish I had a boyfriend like him. He has such a great, caring personality. How did Eun-kyung get someone like him?

I heard footsteps outside and the sound of keys jingling. The door unlocked and mom opened it. 
"I'm home, sorry for leaving you."

"It's okay, mom, Jae-hwa's h-"

"Ah, I have to use the bathroom. Wait a minute, I couldn't hear you," she said while dropping her purse and running to the bathroom. She didn't even look at Jae-hwa.

"Did you throw up in the toilet, Seo-yeon?" Mom asked with a loud voice.

I stared at Jae-hwa awkwardly. 

Oh no, I forgot to flush the toilet. 

I ran to the bathroom. 

"Did you throw up?" Mom asked.

"Uh yeah, I threw up because I had indigestion... yeah."

My mom glared at me. "Okay let me use the restroom and then we can go, okay?"

"Okay."

I left the bathroom and went to the living room. Jae-hwa was leaning against the living room wall while staring at his phone. His eyes sparkled from the light, and his jawline really showed off. 

Since Jae-hwa and I were waiting for my mom, I quickly left the house and went to the streets of Incheon to buy ice cream. There are a lot of walk-in stores in Incheon, and there are a lot of different foods. I bought two ice creams and milk soda in a can, and the cashier person put them in a small, black bag. 

I ran back to the house and opened the door. "Jae-hwa, do you want ice cream?"

He looked at me. "Sure," he said.

I gave him a melon bar, because that's what he likes. I also third-wheeled them once when they went on a trip. He bought melon ice bar, and Eun-kyung bought a Screw bar. 

I ate my milk flavored ice cream milkshake. I stared at him while he ate the melon bar. Mom came out of the bathroom and looked at me.

She looked at my eyes and then looked at Jae-hwa. 

"Aish! You startled me, Jae-hwa!" Mom yelled. 

"I'm sorry, I thought you already saw me. I came here because today's Eun-kyung and I's first anniversary," Jae-hwa said.

"Ah, okay. You can ride with us to our new apartment. It's in Seoul. Did Eun-kyung tell you the address?" 

"No, mother, not yet."

Mom chuckled. "Okay."

We said goodbye to our house and left.