Chapter 3

RING RING!!

"Hello?" I picked up my call while walking to mom and dad's tteokbokki store. "Hey Seo-yeon, I miss you so much," Dae-ho said. 

"Wow, what's up? You usually never call me," I said while grinning. It was raining outside, but there were a lot of pretty lights reflecting off the asphalt roads. 

"Look behind you," he said. 

I turned around. I gasped. "Flowers, for me?" I yell in happiness. Dae-ho ends the call, and he starts walking toward me. I tried to hug him, but I couldn't feel him. I fell to the ground. 

He laughed, and kept walking. I looked back. There was a really pretty girl waiting for him. She wore a pink hair clip, her hair was brown and wavy with bangs, she wore a beautiful, thin summer dress, and her heels were white, but they sparkled in the rain as if they were clear.

His umbrella went over her head. "These are for you, Hae-won," he said while smiling.

"NO WAY, DAE-HO, ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!" I yelled and sobbed. My umbrella was on the road, and a car ran over it. 

Dae-ho looked at me and chuckled. "You don't deserve me."

GASP! I woke up. 

"No, no, no, this isn't going to happen," I said while shivering.

I looked around. My sister was already gone. I washed and went to the kitchen. I fried two eggs and got some rice out from the cooker. I took out some kimchi from the fridge.

"Mom? Dad? Unnie?" I yelled out. Nothing. 

I called mom, and she answered. "Hello? What?"

"Mom? Where are you?" I asked.

"Oh, we forgot about you. We're moving our stuff to our new apartment in Seoul. The apartment is huge! Sorry, I'll go back to get you."

Seriously, she forgot me?! "She was probably joking," I mumbled while shoving rice into my mouth. I scoffed. Some rice bits flew out of my mouth.

I can't stop thinking about that dream. It's not like I feel unsure about him. I really trust him one hundred percent, but why? Who's that girl? Hae-won?

My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Dae-ho, how are you?" I asked, surprised.

"Hey, is today your moving day?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Okay, I kind of have something to say to you."

"Don't say it, Dae-ho. I don't want to hear it, yet."

"So you know, already. I guess I was a bit too careless when I was with you. I'm just going to say it. I loved you. I really did, but I realized that my expectations were too high for you. You don't have to deal with a rude jerk like me."

"What? First of all, stop. You're not a rude jerk, Dae-ho. Second of all, you don't have to break up with me just because of your expectations or whatever. Lastly, I'm not ready to break up with you."

My face felt hot. What a jerk.

"Please, I want to move on. Since you really want to know why, let me just tell you why. I found another girl. Her name is Hae-won. Kim Hae-won. the one in your art class, Seo-yeon." He hung up on me.

I sobbed. I ran to the bathroom toilet and threw up my rice. 

DING DONG!

"Why did mom come so fast?" I asked myself softly.

I opened the door. 

GASP!

Love Over Self Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें