I don't even know how I am going to do it but I must do something before it is too late. 

Lucian looks down and then he walks over to the bed. He detaches the pocket sized suit case from his suit, presses a button on it's side and the thing suddenly springs to it's original size. He pulls out our night wear and places mine next to me before heading into the shower. 

He doesn't ask me to join him and I don't budge while I hear the shower running. I close my eyes imagining the water hitting his broad shoulders and running down the smooth skin of his chest and back. 

My hands tingle slightly, longing to touch him but then I think about his report in the file GE-18. I squeeze my eyes shut and suddenly wish that I had never opened that file to begin with. It would have been much easier to hate Lazarus, Luna or one of the Generals. 

Why didn't I just read one of theirs?

I must have dozed off because I jolt awake when Lucian walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist. I blink a few times wondering if I am dreaming as I stare at his toned, muscular chest and firm stomach. He runs a hand through his wet hair while he looks at me and then walks to the side of his bed where his clothes are. 

I get up and rush inside the bathroom to bathe and get ready for bed. When I walk outside I see Lucian lying on the bed, facing the clear white ceiling above. 

I lift up the blanket and tuck myself under the sheets. Lucian barely notices my shuffling around, he just stares at the ceiling above, unblinking. 

"Thank you for defending me in the lift just now," I say finally and he blinks. 

He sighs loudly. "You shouldn't thank me. It's my fault he treats you that way to begin with."

"Hey, give me some credit. I think he hates me for being one of the few who actually stands up to him too."

The corners of Lucian's lips lift ever so slightly. "That is probably true." 

I tuck my hands under my pillow, feeling like I'm about to drift off to sleep again. 

"I don't want you to pull that lever," Lucian suddenly says and my eyes open ever so slightly. 

"I don't want to either," I murmur. "But I will if that is what it takes to prove my loyalty." 

I notice Lucian's stark blue eyes focused on my face but my exhaustion takes over and I finally drift off into the blissful darkness. 

***

Everyone gathers in the control room once we are ten light years away from Taygeta. I stand next to Remulus who is looking as tense as I feel. His shoulders are squared and the muscles of his arms are flexed, they stand out more than ever under his black, fitted uniform. 

The Generals and the Trinity walk into the room and Lucian catches my eye immediately. He looks at me in concern and then arranges himself with the other leaders in the center of the room. 

"Pleasant day," Lazarus announces looking excited and everyone responds to his greeting. 

"Officer Aria and Commander Remulus kindly make your way to the dashboard," General Ursa instructs.

Our squad stares at us apprehensively as I follow Remulus down a few steps and walk over to the dashboard of controls at the front of the room. 

A Plutonian officer gestures to a small red lever and my hands shake slightly as I stare at it. 

Such a small insignificant looking thing is about to bring about the destruction of half a planet. 

"Once the lever has been pulled send out a broadcast to all of our other planets and Plutonians in the galaxy. Tell them Taygeta is under a fire storm and that we will help them since we are already on the way for a diplomatic visit," General Grievous says and I watch a few Plutonian officers rush to the computers on the sides of the room and type into them furiously. "Let the universe know how helpful and benevolent we are."