I was floating on air.   The only negative was Derek having a word with Mr Stuart as he kept giving me dirty looks. 

Oh well.

The next few months were flying by.   I had apologised to the architect I think my emotional state affected our initial meetings but I changed that.  The construction crew were Academy and were excited about the project. 

Derek had taken lead with the construction to allow me peace to do my new commission piece.  Once complete I took it to the gallery and Lesley was thrilled.   The funds from both sales paid for the architect and the construction without me touching my funds.

Derek had upgraded my website with my art and the news of the studio.  I managed to sell a few more pieces through the website and a few to Academy members.

Training was flying by.   I found a new passion.   Guns.  I spent nearly as much time at the range as the gym.  Funny thing at the gym was Raven and Marc had gone MIA.   Jay has said they had both been offered new jobs and left him short handed. 

Maybe I was cursed now and all the hot men had gone into hiding.  Not that I wanted them.  A few men at the academy had asked me out on dates but I wasn't interested. 

Jacob had a pool party for his Birthday and it was discovered one of his footy friends had a crush on me. I avoided taking Jacob to school for a couple of weeks.   Derek and Gerry found it hilarious.  I didn't. 

It had been 6 months since Brandon and i broke up.  It was still hurting but I was not allowing self pity control me.  Certain things happened to remind me of him and I had to fight the tears.  I don't think he deserves them anymore.   When I thought of the last conversation at the diner and I knew he wasn't telling me something but I will never know and would only make myself ill going over and over the past. 

I hope he's happy.  All my hurt would only be worth it if someone gained from it.  My pain only truly dissipated when I saw him with his new woman.

It was completely accidental.  It was 8 months following our break up and I had gone into the city to look at furnishings for the studio.   We were near the  construction completion.  I still hadn't found a name but we had a couple of months and it would likely be finished.   I had come to finalise the furniture before delivery.

I was stood waiting for Bill to return with some paperwork as my gaze wandered out of the window.  Across the street was Brandon with his arm around the shoulder of a brunette.   I held my breath as I put out my hand to steady myself.  I watched as they stopped to look in a shop window.  Then she grabbed his top and they kissed. 

I was frozen.  Knowing he was with someone else and seeing him with someone else was two different things.   Soon enough they finished their canoodling and walked off laughing together. 

I hadn't realised the tears had started until I was suddenly brought back to my current reality.   I got angry with my behaviour wiping away the tears.   Bill had returned with my paperwork.  I thanked him and quickly left.

My aim was to get to the car and leave in the quickest possible time.   As I was rushing along the pavement I bumped into a hard chest. 

"I'm so sorry". I looked up into a familiar face.  I gasped and suddenly realised it wasn't Brandon.  "Oh hey Corey how are you?" I asked quickly.

"hey Pria isn't it?" I smiled and nodded to him wanting to be anywhere but here right now.  "Hey are you ok sweetie?" he reached out towards me.  I flinched. 

Looking at him again I noticed the hurt in his eyes but I certainly didn't want him to know I was upset over his twin who probably never gave me a thought.