Chapter Sixteen

He looks so gorgeous.

“No, this can’t be.” I thought.

     He can’t be mine.

     ‘Impossible’, the back of my mind whispers.

     I feel something corrupt inside me, fear. I can feel danger.

     But this would be first, danger never felt so good before.

“You fuckers, get the hell away from her.” He screams.

     I swear I can feel the floor shake. So demanding, I thought.

“We’re not touching her for fucks sake Maddox!” Leo yells at him.

     I can’t believe it. Maddox is my freaking mate.

“I don’t care Leo. You’re not ten feet away from her.” I can see Maddox’s veins pop out. His rich brown hair messily stands there, so astounding and so soft.

     Leo grumbles profanities. He moves away, and so did the other guys.

     I felt my cheeks flush. He’s causing a lot of trouble.

“You,” he points at my direction. I gulped, “Me?”

“No him,” he sarcastically says. “Yes you,” he shots back.

     I probably look like a tomato now. This is so embarrassing.

“Come here,” he demandingly says.

     Walking slowly, I thought about a whole lot of donkeys while I’m walking towards him.

     His face looks so pissed right now, probably because I was walking, slow. So he grabs me.

     Maddox shoves his head in between my neck. I can feel his stick poking my stomach.

     Then something clicks. This is wrong. He doesn’t have the privilege to do this, especially since he has a girlfriend. I feel like a whore. I’m not supposed to let him touch me like that. Mate or not, he has a girlfriend. Someone who he’s still in a relationship with, as much as it hurts inside, we need to do the right thing.

     So I do one thing, I shove him.

“What the fuck are you doing?” He growls.

    I sigh, “We’re not doing this right Maddox. You have a girlfriend, a girl who still means the whole world to you right now.”  I pause, “This isn’t right. If you want me, you have to do the right thing.”

“She doesn’t mean anything to me. She’s only a one night stand.” He interjects. Maddox grabs my wrist, making me halt.

“No. This isn’t right. If you want something, you always have to do the right thing.” I tell him.

    It’s not that I don’t want Maddox. I just want our relationship to turn out right. I don’t want other people getting hurt because of all the foolish things we’ve done. 

     Maddox grunts. He takes his phone from his pocket, and starts to dial. Then I hear a girl’s voice, “Tiffany,” he says softly, “we’re over.” Maddox ends the phone call. I look at him. Well that went well.

“There I dumped her. Now let’s go back to what we were doing.” He suggests.

     I suddenly feel anger rile up. “You’re not supposed to do it like that Maddox. That was plain rude.”

“Don’t care, she’s just a fling.” Maddox dominatingly takes a step closer. “Why would you care anyways?”

     I looked at Maddox and slapped him. “I don’t like people who treat other people like that. We’re girls Maddox. We have deeper emotions than you men have. If she was just a fling, why would you ask her out anyways?” I poke my finger on his chest. “I’m not stupid Maddox. Fling or not, we’re people. You should care.”

     He grabs my hand. “I hate that you’re disrespecting me.”

“And I hate that you think so highly of yourself. Guess what Maddox? It doesn’t take a minute to reject some file asshole.” I confidently say back.

    His eyes flare. You can see his wolf subsiding. “You wouldn’t,” he snarls.

“I’m not those girls who are in desperate need for a mate. I’m not dying for one, every second.” I glare at him, “And to think that you just disrespected one of my kind, disgusts me Maddox.”

“You can’t live without me I’m your soul mate. You were made for me. You’re supposed to love me.” He yells.

     I shouldn’t be scared of him.

     I’m a girl for Pete’s sake. I’m independent of my own choices.

“I know Maddox, but in order for me to like you, you have to show respect.”

     I hate it when men think that they’re too superior to what they are. They think that it’s cute when they take control of a girl. They make us look like objects—more like, make some girls feel so desperate.

    I get it, they’re men, but girls have the right too.

    They make us feel weak just because their bodies can grow bigger than girls. They think that they’re ‘Oh-so-Mighty’ in everything.

     I don’t get it.

    Why do they have to make us feel weak? 

“You don’t know me.”  Maddox mutters.

     He pushes me aside, and walks out the room—not without slamming the door so roughly.

     Leo approaches me, “Maddox has this issue going on.” He scratches his head. “He hates it when he’s told off.”

“Whatever,” I push pass him and walk out the exit.

     Me being careless, bump against a girl, “I—Um, I’m sorry.” I quickly apologize.

“No, it’s fine.” She rubs her eyes. “I’m Tiffany,” she gives me a polite smile.

     Surely this isn’t the Tiffany, Maddox broke up with. She doesn’t look like the Wicked Witch.

“I’m Bree,” I smile back.

“Are you Maddox’s girlfriend?” I stutter. “Well, I ‘was’ Maddox’s girlfriend.”

     Oh shit. “I’m sorry, I’m really, really sorry.” I hold her hand, and shake it in a comforting way.

“Why? Are you Maddox’s mate?” I sheepishly smile. “It’s okay. It’s bound to happen anyway. I should be the one saying sorry, I let him have his way with me.” She apologetically says.

“Maddox and I aren’t really in a good state right now.” I sigh in frustration.

     She pats my back, “Maddox is one load of shit to deal with.”

“I can tell,” Maddox has problems when it comes to his emotions—bipolar to be exact.

“Look at the bright side—no wait, there isn’t a bright side Bree. Maddox has problems. He’d rather stay on his own all day than hang around a bunch of people—into which he calls imbeciles.” I nod.

     She’s right, Maddox called Alpha’s stupid.

“Bree, we have a problem,” Alex panics. “What is it?” I ask him.

“Maddox’s on the loose! He’s going wild!” Christian yells.

     I look dumbfounded, “what?”

“Maddox is fucking throwing trees at the parking lot.” Leo yells.

     What did I get that boy into?

“I’m telling you this, Maddox is a handful.”

     Ugh, what did I do this time?

All Rights Reserved

Author’s Note: Do you like the chapter or nah?  Do you guys want more updates? If so, vote, comment, and follow me! Shout outs to the lovely people who vote, comment, and follow! Give me your usernames on any account and I’ll try to follow or talk to you as much as possible!