Chapter 43

-Lia

I knew it. I should have known that something like this would have happened. But no, I just had to trust her again. I just had to step outside the closet, knowing the dangers ahead.

I wasn't a brave soldier, or a superhero that just has natural guts to risk their well being, or even their life on the battlefield.

If risking it all meant that I have to get hurt so many times, how would I even handle something like that, when I already fall apart with something that hurts this bad?

As I scribbled down answers to my homework, my phone vibrated next to me. I checked it to see messages from Yeji.

Oh, you're still alive, huh?

Her: Lia, please come out. Let's talk, ok?

Her: Lia, please. I don't want this day to end without solving this matter with you.

I scoffed in annoyance, and was about to put my phone back down, when it vibrated one more time, showing me another message from her.

Her: Lia, please come out. It's really freezing out here.

My eyes widen, as I stood up in shock. I turned around and looked out my bedroom window, only to find a stranger on the other side of my fence, on her phone, texting me.

What the actual hell?

I rolled my eyes, and went back to my chair and texted her back.

Me: Go home.

She immediately replied:

Her: I'm not going anywhere. Please, let's just talk.

I placed my phone down and started to do my homework. Two hours had passed, and I finally finished. I leaned back on my chair and sighed. I checked my phone again, and she just left me on read.

I looked down at my window, and I could see her in her black hoodie staring at my bedroom window.

What the—

Then I felt my phone buzz against my hand. I checked my phone again and it was another message.

Her: Can we please talk now?

"UGH!" I grunted in annoyance as I shut the curtains of my bedroom, and sat on my bed.

Why is she still here?

Then another text showed.

Her: Please. I don't want to freeze to death out here.

I clenched my phone against my and, as I stood up and wore my jacket and dashed downstairs. The moment I opened the front door, her eyes didn't leave me. I gently closed the door, took a breath and marched up to her, unlocking my fence and closing it behind me.

"I'm sorry."

Two words, I wish she would stop saying. Because I couldn't take it anymore.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" I scoffed. "I'm leaving."

"Wait!" She says as she held onto my arm. I can't believe her. After she had flaked out on me at the audition, and kissed someone else, she seriously still had the nerve to touch me.

Asshole.

I yanked my arm away from her hold, and looked at her in the eye. "What's your deal, huh? Why did you really come here? To put on some sort of monkey show where all the main character does is only say sorry? Spare me the bullshit, and cut to point."