Chapter 18

-Lia

Something wasn't right.

Yeji has been acting very weird, which normally would be okay since she does show her weird side to me all the time, but this kind of weird didn't feel cheerful.

I asked her multiple times if something was bothering her, but she would brush me off and tell me that it was nothing and that I shouldn't worry about it. The vibe she shared with me during class earlier was so unusual. I was on my way to the cafeteria, when I passed by Yujin and her clique of football players, except Yuna wasn't with them. They didn't pay attention to me, since they thought of themselves as the snobby popular girls that owned the school. None of the girls seemed to notice me, but boy, did I catch Yujin's attention. She eyes scanned me from head to toe, passed me a glare, and went back to talking with her friends.

My two legs started walking faster and I didn't look back when I entered the cafeteria. I got strawberry milk with a tuna sandwich and found the table where Chaeryeong was sitting in.

"Hey." I said as I sat down. "Oh hey!" She greeted back.

Chaeryeong gave me a blank look that made me raise an eyebrow at her in confusion. "What?" I asked.

"You and Yuna are close. Do you think she likes eating in fancy restaurants? Or do you think she'd rather go to an Aquarium Park?"

"Woah, where'd that come from?" I said as I took a sip on my strawberry milk. "Just a little something that I wanted to plan on spending my weekend with her."

I gave her a smirk as I rested my cheek on my palm. "I never would have guessed you as the planner type. You doing all of this for my best friend makes it so heart warming." I said as I placed both of my hands the the area of my left shoulder where my heart is, with a smug look as I closed my eyes.

"Shut it, Lia. It's not like that."

"You're delusional, Lee. I mean, as the saying goes, if you like it, you gotta put a ring on it." I teased as I pointed my index finger to my four fingers that wiggled. Chaeryeong looking pink like my strawberry milk was the most hilarious thing today.

"You're annoying." She mutters as she looks down in embarrassment.

"Knowing Yuna, she'll probably want to go with something exciting. She's the type to literally jump off a plane forgetting she has to pull a parachute after diving. For me, I think she'll love the Aquarium Park."

A smile plastered on her face with my answer to her question. "Thank god. I wouldn't be able to handle a fancy dinner with her. Dinners like that get boring pretty quickly."

"You sound like an expert about it. Seeing you own a Ferrari, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually went to so many fancy dinners." I said as I chuckled.

"I have in fact. But let's just say, I wish I never went to any of them." Her face described disgust and I chuckled at her weird looking expression.

"Anyway, speaking of dinners, I heard Yeji stopped by your house after that incident at the school festival." Now it was my turn to feel embarrassed and her turn to give me a smirk. God, I hate how the tables have turned. "Apparently, Yeji was found in a good mood ever since the incident." She teased. "I bet something major happened at your place, am I right, Choi?"

I probably should have thought more about what I say, because what comes out of my mouth could literally lead me to cringe every night until my imaginary psychiatrist diagnoses me with insomnia.

"Yeji's not getting in my pants yet, okay?"

Chaeryeong let out a loud laugh, that erupted around the cafeteria which caused the attention of all the students to be on us. She kept laughing and smacking the table with her hand as she buried her face with her other free hand trying to cover her laugh. The students seemed so confused as to why she was laughing but all I could do was keep my head down, in embarrassment again.