Two Sides of a Coin

Scar's POV:

Grian was the first to wake up, I know that because of the smell of powerful magic reacting to each other.

"Grian! You know I'm sensitive to the smell of magic!" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

Grian stretched out his wings and turned around to stick his tongue at me then said:

"Chill, I am just stretching my wings, that leaf bed wasn't the best for the feathers. Also, wake the others up, Zed is still snoring like a saw."

He was right, the sound of Zed snoring made it nearly impossible for me to hear Grian. I questioned how the other wasn't already awake because Zed then said:

"Hey, wake up!"

No reaction.

I pushed Zed a bit then yelled:

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS!"

"Just... five more... minutes" Zed muttered quietly. Then I got an idea.

I took a music sheet and my wooden flute and butchered every single note on the song "Morning" by Edvard Grieg. They all woke up and yelled at me to stop, Grian stared at me with the face of amusement.

"You see, Apollo was right when he said music has magic, so if I played a song like 'Morning', it'll wake people up!" I exclaimed happily.

"But do you have to butcher the notes that badly?" whined Zed.

"I don't know how to play the flute, I just started learning it!" I defended myself.

"I thought it was a joke, that day you said you'll ask Joe for music lessons, even Joe thought it was a joke," Grian said.

"You all are meanies," I complained.

Grian waved me off and continued stretching his wings.

"Joe?" Beef asked while rubbing his eyes."

"Yeah, Joe Hills, son of Apollo, true musician," Grian answered.

"So, everything that happened yesterday was not a dream..." Muttered Xb. The air was suddenly tense.

"Anyways, we should all go back before Etho and Exy think we'll dead," I said to try to calm the air.

"Nah, Exy is gonna have a blast of a time." Grian snickered.

"Exy?" echoed Beef.

"I know it will sound like a fairytale myth but Exy is Xisuma's brother and his opposite," I explained

"X-zoom-a?" Stuttered Beef.

"Are you gonna repeat everything we say? Ex-eye-ZOOma is the leader, he's a cool guy." Grian said as he started packing up.

"You are making me confused... how do you pronoun his name?" Zed asked

"It's up to you honestly," I said as I help Grian pack up the little stuff we had left.

"Let's move!" Grian said and took off with his wings, leaving us at his dust.

"Wait for us!" Beef shouted as he tried to keep up.

"No fair! We have to walk?" Xb complained and followed along.

"I want to do that..." Zed muttered.

Oh Grian, what a strange guy he is. I thought as I ran along.

The rest of the walk was pretty uneventful, Grian slowed down and no monsters attacked us. We were laughing at one of Grian's pranks against me when we reached the camp.