"Oh no! This is really bad!" The female cried. She inspected the mug child to see if he was still alive. Hilda gently placed a hand on the mug's chest to see if his heart was even still beating. It was a slow and quiet thumping. But it wouldn't be making noise for too much longer if he didn't receive medical attention immediately. She unwrapped the scarf around her neck and tied it around Mug's torso, covering the puncture wounds and putting pressure on it. The glass body made a small squeal of pain when she made the knot and tightened it. The witch then started rummaging through her biggest bag. She pulled out a vile with a green liquid in it. For it was her share of the Miracle Heal that Djimmi had distributed to everyone on the island. Right now, it was poor Mugman's only hope. Releasing the cork with her teeth, her other hand lifted Mug's head up. His mouth sagged open just enough so that Hilda could pour the liquid down his throat.

"Come on, dear! Drink! It's your only chance!" She quietly explained to the limp body. As soon as the potion was gone, she placed the empty container on the ground. The witch could feel that his body temperature was starting to drop.

"He's getting cold..." She observed. "I've gotta find someone that can keep him warm!" The female stood up as she cradled Mugman in her arms. His limp body rolled against her red clothes, staining them with his sticky blood. Hilda immediately left the house at a sprint, completely forgetting about her bags that were still sitting on the floor of the house. The vegetables saw her moving with a purpose.

"Hilda, what happened?" Chantenay asked as she got closer to the farm.

"Get help! Mugman needs help!" Was the only thing they heard as the human sprinted past them at full speed with the child in her arms. They stood there dumbfounded for a second at the lack of explanation.

"Help it is!" The carrot announced. "Let's round up anyone that can provide medical attention."

Meanwhile, Hilda ran right for the closest person she knew had the means for warmth and herbs to lessen the pain. And that person was Cagney. The carnation himself was tending to his guardian with the help of Spoonfred. The flower was teaching him how to properly plant and care for a special species of flora.

"Like this, Cagney?" He asked, patting down the soil around a batch of beautiful bright pink flowers.

"That's right!" The living plant beamed. "Keep it up and you'll be an expert gardener in no time!"

"Thanks, Cagney!"

"Good! Can I leave you to it for a few minutes? I need to take a shade break real quick." The carnation said, blocking the sun with his leafy hand.

"No worries! You can count on me!" The young spoon replied, happy to be of service.

With that, Cagney shuffled himself into the shade of a tree.

"Whatta ya know? That little guy isn't so bad after all!" He muttered to himself. His vines picked up movement from another source behind him.

"Cagney! Cagney!" Rang the familiar voice of Hilda. "I need your help!"

"Hilda? I thought you left for-" But then he noticed the wounded child in her arms. "Oh my gracious!"

"I need a warm bed for Mugman!" The female huffed and puffed as she skidded to a stop. She had a hard time holding back tears of her own. The flower took a closer look at the boy's condition.

"Egads! What happened to the boy?" He questioned.

"I don't know." The witch confessed. "But he was all by himself in the house like this! How fast can you make a nice leaf bed for him?"

"Pretty quick, I guess."

"Good! Then I'll leave him with you while I go find Djimmi for some helpful spells." Hilda explained.