Chapter 29: Multiple POV's

Aryan's POV

I kept my expression blank as I looked at the injured boy in front of me. His arm was wrapped and set into a standard white cast and I had listened to him complaining vocally throughout his story that he had repeated to me three times now and my inner lie detector was pinging so loud inside my head I was surprised he couldn't hear it. If I hadn't just heard the story from Bree and Serena about a group of boys ganging up on an Absol in the woods and described in detail the exact boy who was laying in the hospital bed near me then maybe I wouldn't have felt so annoyed... but the more the windbag talked the more I wanted to shove a sock in his mouth and leave.

Pulling myself together though, I let out a calming breath and held up my hand, signaling for the idiot to shut up. To my relief, he obeyed my silent command and I leaned back, pulling out a small notebook from the inner pocket of my jacket and clicking on my pen to release the tip.

"Alright then, let's make sure I got the whole story," I said, keeping my voice professional but letting a hint of annoyance slip out, which I could see was making the boy uncomfortable. "You say you and your friends were in the forest hunting pokemon when a strange boy with spiky hair attacked you all. You left your unconscious friends to fight against the attacker, but then you lost consciousness and found yourself in the hospital. Is that right?"

"It's not like I just randomly fainted! I'm not a wuss!" the boy argued angrily, sitting up agitatedly and then yelping in pain as he banged his casted arm against the sidebar of his hospital bed. I rolled my eyes at the jerk, glancing from his curly black hair to the freckle-filled face that Serena had described in detail with loathing in her usually kind expression and I felt no sympathy for the moron.

"Then explain yourself better," I barked at him, losing patience. "All you've given me is that you 'think' this guy had a letter G stitched to his outfit and that he messed up you and your friends. What pokemon did he use? How did it get so bad that you broke your arm? Stop trying to make out like your some hero and tell me the truth or I'm leaving," I growled while glaring straight at him. The boy's cheeks flushed red with embarrassment and he looked off to the side, unable to hold my angry glare.

"Stupid idiot and his dumb Pikachu," the boy muttered under his breath and I felt my entire body stiffen.

"Did you just say Pikachu?" I asked, recalling the day back in Jubilife City where I had tried to stop Team Galactic from kidnapping a researcher and a grunt I had never seen before and his Pikachu ended up beating me back.

The boy flushed even deeper red as he turned to look at me with panic in his eyes. "It wasn't a normal Pikachu, man! That thing must have been mutated or something. No way a Pikachu could be that strong!"

My jaw clenched as I lowered a hard glare at the boy, causing him to jerk back with a look of fear for a moment. Bringing up every detail of that battle I had with the unknown trainer I slowly leaned forward, placing my pen against my notebook, and stared pointedly at the idiot in front of me.

"I think you better tell me EXACTLY what happened, now," I recommended through clenched teeth.

The boy awkwardly began to tell me what happened. As he described how the guy's Pikachu stopped his friends from ganging up on a wild Aggron, and then how it was able to knock out his friend Crobat in one hit and sent him and his Drapion flying, which was the real reason for him breaking his arm, I found myself frowning slightly. Leaning back I glanced at the notes I had taken and my frown deepened.

This doesn't sound like he was attacking the boys at all, I thought to myself. It sounds like he was trying to get them to leave Aggron alone then just defended himself from their attacks... but... why would a Team Galactic grunt care about some random Aggron? Was he hoping to catch it himself?