chapter 23

Andrea's pov:

We've been sitting with the two girls for hours, chatting and laughing and let me say I love these girls.

Luca's girlfriend is a petite girl with strawberry blonde hair and light brown eyes, She is very cute and charming. Her name is Eleanora but she goes with Ellie.

Bria has dark blonde hair that makes her blue eyes pop. She's taller than Ellie but shorter than me by few inches.

They're both beautiful, but I really like Bria's personality because it reminds me a bit of myself when she slaps Enzo's head for calling her by her middle name, Alessa.

"your little bro here cried himself to sleep when I was at the hospital. He thought nobody saw him, and that I was unconscious. let me tell you it was the cutest thing ever," Ellie recounts, making Lucas slips deeper into his seat. Enzo on the other side is laughing soundly.

"don't laugh Vince, because I have a file of embarrassing moments. Don't try me," Bria threatens, a smirk showing on her face. Enzo stops laughing and shoots daggers from his eyes at her.

I high-five Bria, proud of the choices these two made.

"I like you girls, we should keep in touch so I can give you more tips," I say, and give them my Instagram.

We go home, or more like I go home because they all ditched me. It doesn't matter, it's not like I don't know my way home.

Once I'm in my room, I throw myself on the bed. I take my phone out of my purse and hang it above me with my two hands.

What if? Just what if I called? And I'll be like 'I'm calling to make sure you signed on my vacation papers'

And look desperate, hell no! Maybe desperate is too strong. It doesn't matter you're still not calling.

I sigh and close my eyes. The phone still hanging above me while I'm laying on my back. It starts vibrating snapping me out of my thoughts.

This is fate! I bring the mobile closer to my face to make sure I'm reading right. Yup, Gabriel is calling, and what do we do in this case? We decline the call.

I thought about it for some time, and my choice is to leave the phone ringing. When the music stops I hear a ding from the phone.

=> gaby:
Andrea, you here?

This is a tricky question. I am here where I am but not here where he is, I don't think he would understand my philosophy.

=> Andy:
Yes, I'm here.

=> Gaby:
I called.

=> Andy:
Yeah I know, I watched it ringing.

I open his contact and take the heart out. Don't judge me I know I'm childish.

=>Gaby:
Your vacation has been declined. You need to get back to work.

=>Andy:
I'm sorry sir. I can't come, I disposed my file for vacation. I haven't taken one in more than a year so it's totally fine by the rules.

=>Gaby:
I'm gonna call you.
We need to discuss this.

=>Andy:
No, you're not. This conversation is over, I've already told you I'm not coming. Plus I'm not in the city.

=>Andy:
Pls, don't contact me again sir.

=>Gaby:
Too lazy to use full words?

=>Gaby:
Fuck off

=>Andy:
Such big words for a little girl.

=>Gaby:
This lil girl is gonna come beat yo ass if you don't leave her alone.

I am not supposed to say that. He's my boss, there's supposed to be respect between us. But that stupid keeps playing on my nerves.

=>Gaby:
That's my girl.

I read the text, again and again. How could I miss him? he hurt me but yet, with three words he made me wish I can feel his warm breath against my skin when he voices those words. Just to be the two of us again.

But the thing is: I don't miss Gabriel. I miss the memories we once shared. This Gabriel is too far yet too close, and I'm not a fan of things I can't have.

I turn my phone off. Replying to the text will be a mistake.

Once I take a shower and put my clothes on, I head to the kitchen and help Mama with chores.

The doorbell rings so I open it expecting to see two ugly trashes, but instead, I get greeted with an uglier one.

"Hello wifey," Greets Matia, his face lightening up the moment he saw me.

I hear mama calling my name from behind. I look back and see her frozen in shock.

"Wait Andrea, it's not what you think. I don't know what he's doing here." She explains, taking my hand in hers and looking at me with sadness and expectation.

I free my hand and put it on her cheek, "it's fine mama. We're friends now," I say.

"What?" She voices in astonishment.

I take her to the kitchen after telling Matia to follow me and we sit there.

"He was a client at the society I work for and we became pretty close. At first I didn't know who he was but then he told me everything," I explain further.

"If that's so, I guess you two were meant to be," She exclaims.

"No! Not in that way, we're just friends," I argue, making things clear and Matia fakes a cry and clenches his heart.

"Ouch, princess is friend-zoning me again," He whines.

"Shut it, drama queen." I hit his shoulder, lightly.

"You hit my soul and now you're damaging my body. Give me a break," He whines again.

"Let's go talk in my room," I say rolling my eyes at him.

"Is that an invitation?" He teases with a smirk.

I don't know why I attract annoying guys in my life.

"Do you mean an invitation to kick your ass? Then yes," I smirk this time.

"Feisty, I like it even more," He comments. I get my round of comebacks ready but stop once I hear mama chuckling.

We sit there in awkward silence until Matia breaks it, "I'm sorry miss Martinez, I showed up unannounced." He says going for a hug.

"It's fine son, you're not a stranger from the family," 

We make our way to the garden and turn the lights on. I sit on the swing and he sits in a chair nearby.

I swing lightly and enjoy the silence around us.

"So what are you doing here?" I ask randomly.

"Surprising my wifey," He voices with a smirk.

"Couldn't stay away from me?" I ask playing along.

"Yeah I missed my princess too much," He chuckles.

Maybe I should get shy or something, but I feel nothing. It's not like I used to get shy around Gabriel but his words have a stronger effect on me.

"Seriously," I say.

"relax, Vince told me you guys are in Italy so I decided to visit my family and you," He ends smirking. The nerve of this guy.

We set to the table when the dinner is ready. The two dumbasses came back half an hour ago and papa was sitting in the living room.

I look around me at everyone. They are laughing and eating at the same time. The room held a warm feeling, something I want to hold on to for the rest of my life.