chapter 10

Gabriel's pov:

Me, Andrea and that new client exit the company's building to have lunch.

I don't even know why she had to invite him, maybe because he's Italian like her. Who wouldn't know he is? even his name screams I am Italian. Or maybe she was just being polite and didn't want to choose me over him. It must be that.

We enter a diner and wait for our food after ordering of course.

"How did you two meet? you seem close," I ask, eying the two sitting across from me.

"We met that time I went to the club," She responds casually while Matia is following the conversation. "I didn't know about that," I murmur crossing my eyebrows. She just shrugs and chats with that stranger for the rest of the wait as if they're friends since kindergarten.

Our food comes and little miss here remembers that I'm present. "Oh, Gabriel! I forgot to tell you about the charity gala we'll be attending. Since our company is one of the committee members we've been asked to prepare a small meeting to make sure everything will be perfect." She informs, taking a sip from her smoothie once she's done.

"Can you Schedule the meeting for tomorrow?" I question and she nods.

We go back to work, Andrea showing that guy his decor and me sitting at my desk finishing paperwork. I throw the pen into the trashcan saying "Kobe" But miss. I take a nearby paper and shape it into a ball, I throw it into the trashcan raising my voice this time when saying "Kobe" And point. May he rest in peace with his daughter.

If Andrea was here we could've had a competition, I bet I would win. I call Bailey to make sure she's doing good. Since she left her apartment she doesn't go out of her room and she flinches every time I get near her, It makes me boil in anger. I take my keys and head out from the building, time for revenge.

I park in front of Bailey's old apartment and go up the stairs to the said house. I knock hard until the door swings open, "are you Bailey's father?" I hiss, clenching my jaw. In front of me stands a tall figure, he has brown small eyes narrowed at me, surrounded by wrinkles and black halos invading his tired eyes.

"Yes, I am. Are you one of the men she cheated on?" He spits with a mocking smile on his face. I clench my teeth and force a smile, that's when I take that smile out of his face with my fist. As soon as I punch him, he falls back and checks his mouth with his hand.

"You don't have to check, the blood is there." I grab his collar and add threatening in a low voice "if you ever touch her again or even breath near her I will break every bone in your body and then send you to jail for physical and mental abuse. And believe me, when I say nobody can save you, you'll rot in jail" I throw his body to the floor.

"she's going to be the end of you," He scoffs looking mad.

"you do not deserve an angel like bailey you're just a disgusting piece of shit," I finish getting out of the small apartment.
             _____________________

I storm into my room, adrenaline still pumping through my veins after the incident. I glance at my bed and find Bailey sleeping peacefully. I instantly relax and smile when I hear her light snorts coming from her slightly parted lips.

I take a quick shower and change my clothes then cuddle her small body, drifting away to sleep surrounded by her sweet vanilla smell.

I wake up from my nap, not knowing where the hell I am and wipe the drool slipping through my mouth. "Hey," Says Bailey in a sleepy voice. "Hey, baby" I speak smiling back at her.

She reaches for my hand with hers and sees my wounded knuckles before I could react. Bailey sits in the bed and looks at me worriedly "what happened? " She voices.

"Nothing, don't worry sweetheart." I tell her trying to brush it off but she insists "but you're hurt, tell me what happened,"

"I might have gone into your house and maybe punched your dad." I surrender, smiling sheepishly. Not regretting it though. "Oh my god Gabriel, I told you he's not worth it." She mutters, letting go of my hand.

"He deserves it I had to make him pay for it," I add, stroking her cheeks with my thumb, and she closes her eyes, "I can't see you get hurt it's already too hard just to think that you endured his hatred your whole life. You deserve to be happy baby, you're one of the kindest and sweetest people I've met in my life and I won't let anyone hurt you anymore, I promise"

I lean closer to her face and stop when our noses start touching then close the gap kissing her gently. She moved her lips in sync with mine. I kissed her and time has no value anymore.

We break the kiss hurriedly and look in the door's direction to see Andrea. "Oh my god, sorry. I didn't know you were eating her face, Gabriel, get a room," She teases.

"We are in a room," I remark, throwing a pillow her way. "Ha! Missed me," she laughs when she avoided the pillow. I throw another one and miss again. "Missed me again," She laughs again.

"I swear to God Andy," I say, losing my patience. "Okay, okay, I'll go now and let you guys finish." She states, swaying her eyebrows.

When she leaves I look back at a blushing mess Bailey, and I smile when I think about how cute she looks.