chapter 17

Andrea's pov:

The weekend has passed, a heavy Monday taking its place.

I walk out of the meeting room with the marketing team after two long hours of discussing some new ideas to improve the company's system.

I talk with one of my coworkers about the papers Gabriel needs to sign, while the others Leave scatter out.

I turn around when I feel someone's presence behind me, the moment I recognize him as Enzo I run to him and hug him.

Vicenzo ruffles my hair making me slap his hand and accompany it with a death glare.

"You got to stop doing that, I'm 26 now," I pout standing in front of him.

"Never," He says, messing my hair again, "but damn Andy, you're looking good in your working clothes. When did that happen?"

"I swear to god Enzo, I don't want to fight you here," I threaten crossing my arms, "Anyway how did you know I work here? "

"Mat told me," He says simply. I look around and spot Gaby watching us from afar. I take Enzo's hand and head to where Gaby is standing.

"Gabriel this is my older sibling, Vince," I present the dumbass, "and this is Gabriel my boss and best friend," I finish.

The boys plan to eat lunch. Gabriel calls his girlfriend and we agree on meeting in the restaurant.

Once we're there we sit all together, Enzo telling stories about me that I hopped were deleted from his memories.

Like when I asked my crush out and he said he thought I was a boy all this time. That was when I was 7 by the way. And the time I threw up everything I ate after riding a rollercoaster when I was 14, from that day I started hating rollercoasters.

"And at the age of 16 she trained a whole month for a dance competition but ended up embarrassing herself in front of her whole school, I got it on camera," Adds Enzo.

Gabriel was crying from laughing so hard his face was looking like it's going to explode, it was so red.

"Okay, Enzo stop, or else I'll tell them your beautiful adventures, like that one time you came home with a girl drunk then you took her to mom and dad's room instead of yours. damn, I will never forget that day. You took the whooping of your life," I laugh remembering that day.

"Okay, okay stop that's enough." He says putting his hand over my mouth, his face red.

"Oh, now you want to change the subject," I tease, taking his hand from my mouth and smirk.

I look at Bailey and offer her a smile which she gives back. She has been sitting silently and smiling from time to time.

"I'll go to the bathroom." She says standing up.

They keep talking about boring things leaving me out so I make my way to the bathroom to check on Bailey.

"Don't worry father just do as told or else you know the consequences," I hear Bailey's voice coming from the bathroom once I open the door.

I close the door slowly and go back to my seat. I try my best not to think wrong of what I just heard but I note that I have to tell Gabriel later.

"I thought that girls spend forever in the bathroom," Commented Gaby once I sit down.

"Well, you thought wrong," I say giving him a fake sweet smile.

"If you don't have anything tonight I'm taking you to dinner," Enzo speaks not bothering to act polite.

I and Gabriel go back to work while Bailey and Enzo leave their own ways.

"I heard Bailey talking to her dad," I inform Gabriel who's driving.

"What do you mean? What was she saying?" He asks starting to get angry.

"Something about do as told or you know the consequences or something," I talk trying to remember what she said.

"I'll ask her about it later," He speaks furrowing his eyebrows.
        __________________________

We've been laughing for hours remembering the old days. Damn I missed that stupid of a brother

"Tell me Vince how is your love life going?" I ask smirking, "any girlfriend?"

"I'll say if you do the same," He says smirking himself.

"Well, in that case then I like Gabriel," I  murmur hurriedly hoping he doesn't hear but to my dismay he did.

"Ha, knew it," he screams proud that he found my little secret before I tell him.

"Are you blushing?" He questions leaning in to see my face, "is little Andy blushing?"

"Shut up, tell me about you now," I order trying to take my blush away.

"There is a girl I like but she friend-zoned me," he confesses.

"Wow, how did the tough Vicenzo got friend-zoned by a girl? I already like her," I smirk.

"she is a badass. she puts me in my place and it's weird but I kind of like that," He says smiling.

"her name is Alessa Bria Romano
She likes to be called Bria but I prefer to call her Alessa just to piss her off," He adds laughing.

"Aww, my big bro is turning into a softie. How cute," I tease pinching his cheeks.

We end the dinner later that night. Vince drives me to the Penthouse and leaves once he makes sure I'm in.

Once I open the door I hear a crying voice coming from the living room.

"What's happening?" I ask a crying Bailey and Gabriel who's standing near the couch.

"You Andrea what is happening? my boyfriend is accusing me of faking something so big as my father abusing me. When all I did was respond to my dad's threats, trying to act tough and strong to scar the monster that my father is. I didn't know that you hated me so much, Andrea. I'll just go pack my bags and leave I'll find a hotel nearby. Sorry that I was an inconvenience to you guys," She attacks me with her words, and I'm lost.

"No, I didn't mean that," I start but she walks to Gaby's room in a rush.

I enter my room shocked at what just happened. I didn't mean it like that, maybe I should apologize tomorrow.

I get undressed, wear my pajamas and hop to the bed ending the day.