chapter 18

Andrea's pov:

I check my watch for the third time, waiting patiently in my office for 11 sharp to come.

Yesterday's kind of fight made me feel guilty. Even though I'm positive that I didn't do anything wrong but after witnessing her breakdown the least thing I can do is apologize.

I was planning on doing so this morning but she wasn't awake so I thought lunchtime would be perfect.

I tell Gabriel not to wait for me and drive back to the penthouse since Bailey is always there around 11.

After opening the House's door, I enter the kitchen and sit across Bailey.

"Hey Bailey, can we talk?" I ask smiling but have no response.

"Listen, I am sorry I didn't mean to get you two into a fight. I was worried when I heard you talking to your dad and... " I start but she cuts me off.

"You can keep your fake apology to yourself, sweetheart," She starts, smirking and shifts in her seat, "now that your brother is back you can just go with him and leave us the fuck alone. you're just a third wheel and a burden in this place. Gabriel doesn't need you so stop using that as an excuse to stick around,"

I stay there speechless, looking at her with my lips parted. Surely, I'm taken aback.

"you know what? You should have stayed in Italy and got married, better than you coming here and clinging to Gabriel like your life depends on it. I see right through your tough facade Andrea, don't try to act like a big girl when you're just a little girl who is scared because she got chased by her own family," she adds smiling because she thinks she hit a weak spot. Bitch you're wrong.

"First of all-" I stand up and walk to her side -"I already told you to watch that pretty mouth of yours, sweetie, my family drama is none of your damn business,"

I put my palm on the table and lean to her face, "so you better shut it or I will destroy your whole life with a snap of my fingers and I don't give a damn thing if you're Gabriel's girlfriend or not. no one disrespects me like that. I tried to be kind to you but it's not my fault that your insecure ass is scared that I would take her boyfriend away," I end with a smirk of my own.

Bailey looks at me with rage in her eyes like she wants to end me here and now.

"You want Gabriel you have him. You want to live alone here with him okay you got it I'll leave, but let me warn you one more time don't you ever speak to me or about me again and if I see you I will destroy you and your pathetic little life," I spit then storm off.

How could she know about my past? I didn't tell her anything. I enter the work building and that's when things click in my mind, it's him. Of course, it's Gabriel, who else knows about this?

I walk to his office feeling betrayed but not to fight with him, at least not now we have an important meeting.

Throughout the meeting, he kept trying to make me laugh with some inside jokes. Something we do a lot but I ignore him, when he realizes it's not working he stops trying.

"Andy are you okay?" Asks Gabriel the moment we were out.

"I'm moving out today, this afternoon I'll pack my bags," I declare looking blankly at some papers I'm holding.

"That's a funny prank but it's not working," He says smiling and walking away.

"It's not a prank," I tell him looking dead in his eyes.

He stops and looks back, "why though? What happened that made you want to move out all of a sudden?" He asks after taking some time to think.

"If you want to know what happened, go ask your girlfriend that you tell everything to even my damn secrets!" I snap at him.

"What are you talking about?" He says acting confused which makes me even mad.

"Don't act like you don't know. You knew that I don't want anyone to know about my damn past because their pity is choking," I start, trying to talk without crying but my voice gets stuck.

I hate the feeling of being vulnerable when it comes to the people I love. All those years trying to make myself stronger break to pieces when I'm near Gabriel.

"I trusted you Gabriel and you went on and told bailey every god damn thing, for her to use it against me. How dare you? I feel so dumb and betrayed by the only person I thought I could trust," He takes a step to hug me but I move back, " I'm going to leave you alone with your girl now. I don't want to stay somewhere I don't belong to,"

"Calm down Andy, let me explain," He tries to grab my hand but I move back again.

"You have nothing to explain, it's done. From now on it's Andrea for you. See you tomorrow sir," I announce and leave a dumbfounded Gabriel staring at me in total shock.

I go back to the penthouse one last time to pack my bags not sparing Bailey a single glance.

As I walk through the room I actually feel sad. After all the years I spent here I started calling this place home and leaving like this was never a plan.

And I leave to my apartment that has been locked since forever.