Chapter Five

Chapter 5: Bring To Life

I awoke and scratched the top of my head as I yawned, looking around at my surroundings. Guess it's not the tour bus... I sighed and stood up, walking to the shitty bathroom quietly, wanting to do my daily routine. Once I was finished I quietly walked into the living room only to pause when I saw Dear Old Dad on the couch, awake. I closed my eyes tightly and hoped this as all a dream and then I heard his voice.

"You fucking cunt, where's my car?" He growled. I opened my eyes to see that he was stumbling as he tried to stand. "I...I don't kn...know..." I stuttered. "Oh really? Because when I left yesterday that car was in the driveway. And when I got home, both you and that car was gone. So tell me you worthless good for nothing fuck, where the hell is my fucking car!" Dear Old Dad slurred, standing in front of me, using the nearby chair to help hold himself up.

"It's...uh...it's in...a...um...place...." I answered. Great, thanks mind. What a great fucking time to be sarcastic. My response earned my a forceful slap. "What fucking place?!" He shouted. "It's on the side of the interstate! It caught on fire!" I answered in return. "Why the hell were you in my car and why the fuck did it catch on fire?" He asked, slapping me harder. "Because I needed to go somewhere! And I don't know why it caught on fire! I'm sorry!" I cried, looking away. My father grabbed my hair and threw me into the wall, causing me to cry out in pain.

"You're not allowed to leave this house do you understand?!" He shouted. "What about school..." I whimpered. "You can go there but you're coming right back and getting punishment as soon as I get home if I'm not here already!" Dear Old Dad kicked me hard in the side and I let out a cry of pain.

I choked on sobs and curled into a tight ball. I want out. I don't want to be here any more. Mom I'm sorry but I can't do it. Dear Old Dad continuously kicked me every where he could until he decided that he's had enough and he walked out of the shitty house, more than likely going to get even more drunk then he is this early in the morning.

I slowly stood up and went to the bathroom to grab my first aid kit then walked to my room, sitting on the floor. I took out my blade and then rolled up my sleeves. As soon as I was about to touch the blade to my arm, my phone went off. I looked at my bedside table and reached for my phone. I opened it up and saw that it was a text message from Ricky.

I opened up the message and read it.

From; Ricky Horror: Hello Sunshine! Just checking up on you! Will I see you again one day?

I smiled to myself and began typing a message back to him.

To; Ricky Horror: Hello Olson! Thank you for checking up on me. That means a lot! And sure you can! Just text me whenever you wanna see me and we can!

I put my phone beside me and grabbed the blade again, dragging it horizontally across my skin 4 times. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it without hesitation.

From; Ricky Horror: How about today? I wanna talk.

A smile formed on my face then I quickly shook it off. Why do I feel like I'm going to be okay with him.

To; Ricky Horror: Aren't you supposed to be going to Dallas?

I waited patiently for his response and when my phone finally buzzed, I got excited but then lost my excitement when I saw who it was from.

From; Crack Whore Aka Maddie: Hey bitch, just checking on you. Oh wait. I don't care. Just wondering when you're going to kill yourself. Whenever you do, don't bother leaving me a note.

Tears formed in my eyes and I violently shook my head, grabbing my blade. As I was about to press it to my skin my phone buzzed again. Do I dare look at it? After a few minutes I worked up the courage and looked at the message.

From; Ricky Horror: Off day today! Wanna meet me at the North Star mall?

I sighed and began typing a response.

To; Ricky Horror: I don't have a ride there/:

I stood up with my phone in my hands and began pacing my room. Then I started pushing my dresser in front of my door and sat on top of the dresser. My phone vibrated again and I checked it quickly.

From; Ricky Horror: I'll come get you! I know where you live, remember?

I flinched and sighed. Oh yeah...I inhaled deeply then exhaled.

To; Ricky Horror: Come on over. Just hurry though. You'll probably have to help me out my window.

Guess letting myself leave this world isn't an option today...