Chapter Seven

Chapter 7: The Price We Pay

I'm honestly not sure what to say...do I let him call the police on my father and go back to Pennsylvania with him...or...should I stay...? I love my...my dad...

"Ricky...I'm not sure..." Ricky pulled away from the hug and put on a face that I couldn't figure out, but it scared me. "Mora..." He said in a stern, calm voice. I became frightened and immediately backed away as far as I could from him and pulled my knees up to my chest, cowering away. Ricky seemed to have noticed and started speaking again. "Mora I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you...come back please..." He begged.
I looked at him and his face showed concern. I looked away and stayed where I was. I heard Ricky sigh and scoot his way closer to me. I tensed up and stayed quiet. "Mora..." Ricky whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist and leaning his head against my arm.

"Mora I only want to help you. You shouldn't have to go through all this. Not someone like you...not anyone for that matter." He said. I sighed and looked at him, our faces inches away. We held each others eyes and I gave in to those beautiful orbs. "Fine...put him in jail. It's for the better I suppose." Ricky hugged me once I finished speaking and I gave a small smile. "Everything is going to be alright, I hope you know that, Mora." He said, nuzzling his face against my arm even more. I wrapped my arms around him and inhaled his scent. Everything is going to be alright...

"Come on, let's go get something to eat." Ricky said, smiling a big smile once he pulled away. He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. "Where would you like to go?" He asked. "Anywhere is fine with me." I said. Ricky smiled and picked up the blanket that was on the ground and pulled me to his car. "Once we're done eating, we'll put an end to what your father does to you. Then you'll come on tour for a few days and we'll head on to your new home!" He had a big smile on his face as he drove, which caused me to smile and I enjoyed the car ride, only listening to him babble on about how everything is going to be from here on out and eventually we ended up at a little restaurant here in New Braunfels. It's, I believe, the best burger place in town. I've never been, but a lot of people talk about it.

We walked inside and sat at a table. A waitress greeted us and gave us menus, taking our drink orders. I didn't really bother with looking over the menu, seeing as I'm not very hungry...

"What're you going to have to eat?" Ricky asked, looking up from his menu. I looked at him and shook my head. "I'm not very hungry..." I replied, looking around at everyone who were smiling and laughing, having a good time. "C'mon, I'm paying. Get whatever you want." He said and I shook my head and threw on a fake smile, "Thank you, but I'm seriously not hungry. I'm just fine. You go ahead."

Ricky frowned and nodded. "Alright, maybe later." I nodded and scanned the restaurant. Everyone was looking at Ricky and I, making me feel uncomfortable and a bit anxious. Whispers were heard from every direction as I begin to recognize a lot of these people are from my school. Oh no...

"Hey look! It's Mora! The schools best cutter!" A kid shouted from one direction and tears began to fill in my eyes. Laughter sprung through the restaurant as multiple insults and rude comments were shouted at me. "She's with a guy! And he looks like a freak too!" I heard a girl shout. The tears broke from my eyes and I put my face in my hands, too scared to do anything.

"Enough!" I heard someone shout. I looked up, trembling, to see Ricky standing and staring at everyone. "What the hell do you think you're all, doing?! Shouting insults at a girl who's done nothing to you! She's gone through enough without you assholes hurting her even more! You guys should walk in her god damn shoes for a day and realize that what you're doing is not harmless. It makes her worse off and she doesn't need anything from any of you!" I ran out of the restaurant and to the parking lot, sitting in the middle of it and bunching up. "Mora!" Ricky shouted, rushing over to me.

"Mora...it's okay..." Ricky said, picking me up and hugging me tight. I buried my face into his chest and began crying. "It's not okay. It's never been okay and it never will be because this kind of shit follows me everywhere. It doesn't help that my mother is gone! If my mother wasn't gone then I wouldn't have to deal with any of this! Better yet if I had just killed myself already everything would've been just fucking fine!" I yelled into his chest, choking on my sobs.

"Mora! If you don't believe me now, you'll believe me in the future. Everything will be fine! I promise. Nothing would've been fine if you killed yourself because you wouldn't be able to do anything! You'd be six feet under the stars and even if you don't believe me you have too much potential to waste!" Ricky hugged me tighter and I wanted to pull away, to scream I'm better off dead, but I didn't have the will power. I just kept crying.

But finally, I broke free and ran away, right into the middle of the road just as a car was coming...

OOOOH SNAP. SORRY FOR THE CLIFF HANGER. THIS CHAPTER WAS FOR ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS BECAUSE TODAY (THE 7/12) IS HER BIRTHDAY. MestsBieeetch HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAMMMM ILYILYILYmention a user