Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Happy Birthday To Me

I woke up and checked the date on my crappy phone.

October 31, 2013

I grinned widely, today is my birthday plus the night of the concert. I threw my blanket off of me and hopped out of bed. Walking to my closet, I did a little dance and kept a smile on my face.

I grabbed my only Motionless In White shirt, which was a pretty old one, but also a great one. It has a clown resting on a pile of guts with a fucked up hand reaching toward the band name. Oldie but goodie!

I then searched for my bright pink skinnies, only worn with this shirt, and then grabbed my black Vans. I quickly changed into my outfit then checked the time.

3:26

Hm. The concert starts at 6, so I should have about an hour to finish getting ready cause the venue is about 30 minutes from here. I grinned and walked to the bathroom quietly, shutting the door behind me. I grabbed my makeup bag from under my sink along with my straightener.

After straightening my hair I put it in a bun and wrapped a bandana around my head. Next I went on to my makeup, which was putting on concealer to cover all of my bruises then foundation and pretty unique eye makeup. Which all I did was apply winged eyeliner, with white eyeshadow fading into black eyeshadow, then I put a cute black and white bow on top of it, outlining it with a tan eyeshadow. Once finished with both eyes and being completely finished with my makeup and hair I exited the bathroom and back to my room.

I looked out the window and saw the gray car still here. He's still home? I checked the time on my phone and it was 4:31. That's weird. I walked out of my room after I slipped my shoes on whilst grabbing my bag.

When I left my room I peeked into my father's room and he wasn't in there. Okay... I then walked into the living room and saw that he wasn't in there either but his keys were on the key holder. I furrowed my eyebrows and went to the kitchen to see him not even in there.

I walked back into the living room with furrowed eyebrows, snatched the keys, and headed outside to the car. He wasn't even in the car. Wait, why the hell am I concerned for his sorry ass? I scoffed and got into the car, putting the keys into the ignition and started the car, pulling out of the driveway.

As I was driving down the interstate, the stupid engine started sputtering. I groaned and pulled over on the side of the road. I turned the car off, got out and popped the hood.

As soon as I popped the hood, smoke shot out and I backed up quickly. Thank god that I have perfume in my bag. Once some of the smoke was cleared out I stepped a little bit closer to the car when suddenly it caught on fucking fire. Great! Just fucking great! Ugh! I went around and opened the car door grabbing my bag and slamming the car door.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

4:50

You've got to be fucking kidding me! I was almost at the fucking venue too! I groaned in frustration and tears began to pool into my eyes. "Great! Happy fucking birthday to me!" I shouted, a few tears escaping from my eyes. I was about to call someone when my phone died.

"Well isn't this just so much better!" More tears escaped my eyes and I sat by the barrier, pulling my knees up to my chest and putting my face into my knees. I squeezed my eyes tightly and just hoped for someone to stop and notice.

A few minutes later that felt like hours I heard something heavy start to slow down. Please oh please don't be a truck driver...I have a great fear of them...