Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Stitches

I heard a car outside of my house and took in a deep breath. "Please park somewhere that's not in the driveway..." I whispered quietly to myself. I saw the car drive a little past my house and then someone step out and run to the side of the house where my other window is. I smiled to myself and walked to that window seeing Ricky just outside of it. I gave him the finger that symbolized one moment and then went to my door, locking it and putting a chair in front of it.

After doing so I dropped my bag and climbed through my window, with Ricky helping me. "What made you want to hang out with me on your day off today?" I asked him while we wato his car. "I wanted to know more about you. Truth is, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind." Ricky said. I looked at my feet as we walked and didn't respond. Why would he be thinking of me, and why would he want to know more about a fan who is abused by her father all the time?

"Why would you want to get to know me? I'm just a stupid fan..." I mumbled. "You may be a fan, but you aren't stupid and in some way that I can't seem to put my finger on, I'm attracted to you. Seeing you smile and just hearing you speak are just things that kind of made it to where I'm attracted to you. Sounds weird, I know. But I just can't quite place my finger on it." He said. I blushed and Ricky opened the door for me and I slid into the sleek black car. Ricky hopped into the driver side and we began driving.

"Do you want to listen to anything specific?" He asked, taking a peek at me then looking back at the road. "Um...do you have any Hollywood Undead possibly?" I asked him. Ricky laughed and nodded. "Yeah, here's my phone. It's already hooked up to Bluetooth." I took his phone and began searching through his music, clicking Bullet by Hollywood Undead and listening as I leaned my head on the back of the seat.

"Do you want to go any place special?" Ricky asked. "Um...not really. I don't mind. We can wherever you'd like. Anyway, I thought you wanted to go to the mall?" I said. "Well maybe we can go to the park or something because it'll be more quiet and less people." He responded. Oh god, he wants to go somewhere with less people. That can mean so many things. What's he going to do with me? Is he going to hurt me? Oh god please no...

"Mora? Do you want to go to the park?" Ricky asked. "Uh...yeah. Sure. We can go to the park," I said. "But what would you want to do at the park?"

"Just chill, I want to get to know you more, remember? I'm not going to do anything to hurt you." He said, I guess noticing how timid I was. "Okay. I trust you..." Ricky smiled and we began our journey to the park.

At the park, Ricky took my hand and pulled me towards one of the trees that were scattered around. Randomly, Ricky pulled out a blanket that I didn't notice him grab and placed it on the ground. "Sit on that." Ricky said. I looked at him then the blanket and then sat on the ground. Ricky sat across from me and leaned against the tree as I folded my legs, Indian style.

"So, tell me about yourself." Ricky said after a few moments of silence. "What do you want to know?" I responded. "I already know the basics, you live in New Braunfels Texas, favourite color is purple, you turned 18 on October 31, your favorite band is Motionless In White, and you're drop dead gorgeous. So, give me...hm...home life, or maybe something that you don't tell many people." He shot me a smile and I fiddled with the hands that were folded on my legs.

"Well, um...a thing that I don't tell many people, because who is there to tell when you're alone, is that my mother died 13 years ago by a drunk bastard. She was being a good mother and was going out to get my ice cream after I had just woken up from a nightmare..."

"Mommy!" I shouted, tears cascading down my face, my breathing so sharp it could cut through just about anything. I heard footsteps rushing towards my room and then my door open. "What's wrong honey? Are you okay?" My mommy said, sitting next to me on my bed and wrapping her arms around me.

"I...I had a nightmare that a mean man was trying to hurt me and you, mommy...He even killed you. Mommy I don't want you to die...Mommy please don't die..." I begged with hot tears rushing down my face. "Honey I'm not going to die, not for a long time. I promise. Do you want me to bring daddy in here and I'll go out to get you ice cream?" She asked, hugging me tightly and kissing my forehead as she wiped tears away. I nodded my head. "Jerald, come in here please." Mommy called.

My daddy came into the room, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Yes my queen and princess?" Daddy said. "Will you sit in here while I run to the mini Matt and get her some ice cream?" Mommy asked. "Anything for my girls." Daddy said, taking mommy's place on the bed and kissing my forehead. "I'm going to bring Evan with me in case he wants something to. Lord knows he's still up playing that Nintendo." Mommy laughed. Daddy nodded and mommy walked out of my room, and that was the last I heard from her or my big brother ever again...and that was the night daddy turned into the mean man from my nightmare...

"Mora? Earth to Mora?" Ricky said, snapping me out of my daze. "Huh?" I said. "Are you alright? You're crying..." Ricky looked worried and I touched my face, feeling the wetness and then wiping it away. "Yeah...I'm fine. Just some old memories..." I replied. "Anyways, anything else you want to know?"

"What are all the bruises you have from? And the scars..." Rick asked. "Um..." I choked up. "You can trust me, I promise." He said. I looked at my hands and thought for a moment. Is he going to end up ditching me? Is he going to say goodbye and never talk to me again if I tell him the truth? What's going to happen...

"My father..." I said quietly after contemplating with myself for a moment. "What?" Rick said, not sure if he heard me or he's making sure of what he heard. "My father...he's the one who gives me all the bruises and some scars. We go half and half on the scars...But the bruises...that's all him..." I said, a bit louder. "What does he do to you?" He asked sternly.

"He beats me...gets drunk and beats me. Sometimes he even rapes me...a few times he's stabbed me. But I always fixed myself up..." I whispered, tears threatening to spill. "You're kidding..." He said.

"I wish I was..." I responded, looking at the children who were running around when suddenly I was engulfed in a tight, but not tight enough to hurt me, hug. "Wha-" I was cut off when Ricky began to speak. "I'm sorry Mora, but I can't have a beautiful girl like you living somewhere where she doesn't know if her father will be home to hurt or if she's safe that night. Mora I need to call the police on your father and once I do, since you're old enough, you're coming to live with me, okay? I'll let you finish high school in Pennsylvania if you really want to but I truthfully cannot have someone like you living like that when I know what's going on. I'm sorry, but your father needs something done to him for what he does to you. Mora, if you say yes then this will all be okay and you won't have to deal with him ever again, what do you say...?" I hugged him tightly and began crying, not knowing what to say or how to say it. What do I say...he's my father...but he does horrible things to me...

Woo, hi guys. Sorry it's been so long since I updated. Lack of inspiration. But I got it back. Its summer and I have a long one ahead of me so expect me back here a lot cx