Manik gushed in delight as Dr. Arohi listened to him intently. 

Manik : Oh no! Inn sab baato mei I forgot that he wanted to talk to you. Ek minute. Mei abhi unhe call karta hu.

The smile wasn't leaving Manik's face. Happiness radiated from his body. Dr. Arohi looked at him with pitiful eyes. She had never seen a love like Manik and Nandini's. She was ecstatic that Nandini had someone like Manik by her side but as a doctor, she also knew what Nandini's actual state was. And it was just a matter of time before the bubble of joy that Manik was living in would burst. She hated how destiny was being so cruel to them. How fate was testing their love. Her thoughts were interrupted as Manik held out his phone for her. She took the phone from his hand and brought it to her ear. 

As Dr. Arohi conversed with Dr. Mehra, Manik's gaze was fixated on her face. But she held a straight face, not giving away any details about what was being said on the other side of the call. However, with every passing minute, Manik could feel that everything was going to be alright. That it would be mere days before Nandini would be at home and in the pink of health. But was it all going to be so easy? Only time would tell.

Dr. Arohi : Okay Dr. Mehra. Sure. I'll do that right away. Thank you. 

She cut the call and returned the phone to Manik. 

Manik : Kya kaha Dr. Mehra ne?

Dr. Arohi : He's on his way here. Unhone Nandini ki reports mail karne ko kaha hai aur operation ki taiyaari karne ko bhi kaha hai. He'll be leading the operation.

Manik's smile widened.

Dr. Arohi : Manik, it would be better if you don't get your hopes too high. Nandini ke reports bahut acche nahi hai. I know Dr. Mehra ek bahut bade neurosurgeon hai but it's better that you be prepared for the wor..

Manik cut her off.

Manik : Dr. Arohi, there's no need for that. Meri Nandini ko kuch nahi hoga. Mujhe Dr. Mehra pe pura bharosa hai. He'll save her. Aur Nandini strong hai. Woh aise hi give up karne walo mei se nahi hai. Don't worry, she'll be fine.

Saying this, he left from there. Manik's optimism was contagious but Dr. Arohi knew better.  

Dr. Arohi : (to herself) Manik, tum isse jitna easy samajh rahe ho yeh utna easy nahi hai. Nandini ki halat bahut kharab hai. I don't think anything other than a miracle can save her. 

She sighed and got back to work.

Outside Nandini's room

Everyone had worried expressions plastered on their faces. One, they feared what the future held for Nandini. Two, they didn't know where and how Manik was. They had seen him have a smile on his face but was it because there was some good news or because he had completely detached himself from reality, they weren't sure. As they saw Manik coming towards them, all of them except Mukti got ready to bombard him with questions. But before they could inquire about his whereabouts or emotional state, Manik came and hugged Mukti. Mukti was taken aback. This was the last thing she was expecting after Manik had just stopped her from uttering a word when she had tried to talk to him and left from there. She was too surprised to reciprocate. As Manik broke apart, he held her shoulders and his signature smile adorned his face. 

Manik : Nandini bilkul thik hojaayegi. Usse kuch nahi hoga. 

He beamed. Everyone's pupils dilated in surprise. Looking at Manik's demeanour, they knew he wasn't lying but they weren't sure. 

Cabir : Tu sach keh raha hai Manik? 

He couldn't believe his ears.

Manik : Tujhe lagta hai mei iss baare mei mazaak karunga?