Chapter 8

Ingrid's POV

The whole place has been surrounded by Jordan's men. Snipers were positioned to different spots, ready to aim if the enemy has changed its plans.

Combat micro drones equipped with micro cameras were scattered all over the place either.

I know Cole told us that the whole place was completely unequipped with lethal high tech weapons nor has any armed men that guards the whole place pero ayaw namin ipawalang-bahala ang mga iyon kaya nagpasiguro kami't nagdala parin ng mga tauhan.

We don't know what our enemy's capable of.

"Where's my daughter?" Tanong ni Jordan. He was talking to one of his men in his earpiece.

He's wearing a black dress shirt with two buttons opened, an underarm gun holster with two assault pistols on both side, a pair of tight black pants, black dress shoes, black glovelettes and his black earpiece. His typical attire as a Mafia Boss.

"360 meters away, boss."

"Condition of the place?"

"Still no threat, boss."

Nagkatinginan kami. "What's our next move?" I asked. Dala-dala ko rin yung notebook, hawak ng kanan kong kamay.

"Standby." Sagot ni Jordan saakin saka sa kanyang tauhan.

After talking to his men in his earpiece, he took out his phone and called someone. Probably it's Cole. "Double check the whole location. I won't make any move until I don't make sure that my daughter's completely safe."

"Give me a second."

Ilang segundo kaming nag-antay kay Cole bago siya muling nakabalik sa linya.

"Bro, the whole place is completely no threat. This is the third time I checked it. Better get your daughter out of that place ASAP."

Nag-usap pa sila saglit ni Jordan and after, he ended the call. I heard he sighed. A very deep one before pressing his earpiece and talked to one of his men.

"Deploy some men to secure the whole area. We'll go inside. Snipers, cover us." Utos niya sa mga tauhan sa kanyang earpiece.

"Copy, boss."

Why do I feel uncomfortable with this decision? I thought the enemy wants the notebook? It's not that I don't trust Cole but I had a gutt feeling that something's not right.

Or was I just overthinking it?

Sa kabila ng pangamba, hindi ko nalang sinabi kay Jordan ang tungkol sa mga iniisip ko at sumunod nalang sa kanya. Kaming dalawa ang papasok sa bahay.

I put the notebook on the backpocket of my pants and hold a tight grip on my pistol as Jordan and I slowly entered the house.